Full Screen over 2 Monitors?

Heinz Hupfer

Question

HI:)

Does anybody know if it is possible to have Full Screen Mode expanded over 2 Monitors?

I Know, nvidia has the function "eyefinity", but then all programs are expanded. Just want to have CbB expanded with full screen mode not just on one display!

If possible, is it saved with a screenset or a lense?

Bassman.

11 answers to this question

Ah, I'd seen that post but didn't put 2 + 2 together.

I've not got 2 monitors set up, but if you extend Cakewalk over the two screens, and then press full screen does it extend over both monitors then, or does it revert back to only filling the first one?

@msmcleod

I've searched for sure and found software solutions like "display fusion" and "multimon" by mediachance but not tested it yet.

Thought there can be an easier solution within windows.

To your question: It reverts back to one monitor!

It's weird that on my home PC on 2 screens everything is OK. 

If I get no answer here on the forum I'm going to test out these Apps above....

Thank you;)

Bassman.

I don't think you need to install any apps - the solution was in the standard NVidia control panel:

"In the  Nvidia Control Panel, Under 3D Settings / Configure Surround , Physics there is an option for "Span displays with surround" which must be enabled. It will require you close all widows to make the final changes. You may also need to restart the PC."

@msmcleod

I have tried these setting, but then all FS Windows are spread over 2 monitors, so if I have Track Window left and Console right, with this setting the console is spread over both screens, not what I want. I need a 2 monitor Full Screen just for only 1 Screenset, where I have a long track view over both monitors. Without FS I get those Barline jumps...... I think this will not be possible:(

Don't give up yet...

The docking status, position and minimised state of windows is stored with the screenset, so it should be possible to do what you're suggesting.

So, you've got the track view spreading over both screens when full screen using the nvidia settings.

For the other views, you can un-dock the console and move it so it fills the right monitor, then un-maximise the main track window and move it so it fills the left monitor.

This is on one monitor, but you should get the general idea:

fullscreen_and_splitscreen.gif

In the meantime, I'd recommend reporting the now time indicator jumping issue to support@cakewalk.com .

@msmcleod

Thanks for the video! I have this concept already with 3 monitors:

3. monitor, only an analyser

2. monitor (screensets 2-6) 

(2) Console

(3) Browser, Inspector, Synthrack and a small Console

(4) Piano Roll View   (my most used screenset)

(5) Matrix View

(6) Synth Rack (for automations)

1. Monitor, Mainly the Track window, sometimes with Browser and/or Inspector

Screenset 1 is the large Track view.

I have set all screensets without Full Screen, now after this Barline spectacle all with FS, but not number 1.

I'll try a problem report, maybe 4k monitors are not implemented yet? 

Thanks,

Bassman.

Edited by Heinz Hupfer