WAVES Flash Sale at Best Service - Lowest Prices Ever!

cclarry

3 hours ago, Lionel said:

I'm just not a fan of Waves forcing that March 26th deadline.   Reeks of a sketchy business move.

The reason that they are doing that is that they are changing their authorization system from what I understand

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cclarry said:

The reason that they are doing that is that they are changing their authorization system from what I understand

Going forward, I wonder what happens after March 26th.  I sincerely hope Waves do not force registration deadlines(again) when we make purchases at online shops like EveryPlugin or BestService.  I’d like to dictate when I register my own purchases(or give as a gift for someone else to register).  If they ever force another registration deadline, that’s the last straw.  I’ll forever think of Waves Audio as Shady Audio and they’ll lose me as a customer for good.

Btw, I contacted Waves about this whole debacle wanting more clarification(especially for an instance of making a purchase extremely close to March 26th, like March 25th, for example. Or another scenario where a customer wanted to give their registration code as a gift to someone else to register at their own preferred date.  I asked in both scenarios, is there a grace period to register?  

Customer support said,

“If you have another license that you have never registered, this will need to be registered by March 26th. Once our registration system has been updated, older licenses will no longer be able to be registered.”

So yeah, Waves is basically saying you’re SOL if you don’t register by March 26th. Seems like this is a hard deadline with no sort of willingness on Waves’ part to help or remedy in any capacity once the clock strikes midnight.

Nostradamus predicted that Waves would trouble the people of the Earth in 2023.
He said something about a commotion in the clouds, which I believe relates to all the sellers on Knobcloud trying to dump their soon to be worthless licences.
So this must be what he referred to, unless I am mixing it up with The Mayan calendar or a cataclysmic flood.

I must stop watching conspiracy theory vids on YouTube. :)

• Haha 5

Waves plugins you buy today and register before the deadline will always work. They are not leaving anything behind. 

They are changing their Authorization system. Not leaving plugins purchased before March 26 behind.

I just hope it ain't going to Pace bs. Then I am outta here. Other than that I will always use my Waves plugins. They are just good stuff. Some of the best bang for buck around.

• Like 2

I like Waves as well and the WUP doesn't bother me.  I live in the world of IT, where maintenance cost are a daily thing for me.   My biggest issue with WUP is that they provide very little in return for what you pay.  I've only ever paid WUP one time.

@PavlovsCat has mentioned a few times that one thing that Waves has done is drive prices down across the industry, which benefits everyone.  There are plenty of options out there for sure.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, husker said:

which benefits everyone.

Except the small developers.  No complaints as a plugin consumer, but I feel for guys trying to make a go of it developing their own stuff.

So yeah, Waves is basically saying you’re SOL if you don’t register by March 26th. Seems like this is a hard deadline with no sort of willingness on Waves’ part to help or remedy in any capacity once the clock strikes midnight.

This was my initial reaction as well.  But they have given us plenty of warning and time to tidy up out licenses.  With a huge user base and a lot of software licenses out there, this is no small undertaking.  I just hope they are making a change to something better thought out than WUP...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mibby said:

Except the small developers.  No complaints as a plugin consumer, but I feel for guys trying to make a go of it developing their own stuff.

This was my initial reaction as well.  But they have given us plenty of warning and time to tidy up out licenses.  With a huge user base and a lot of software licenses out there, this is no small undertaking.  I just hope they are making a change to something better thought out than WUP...

You are more correct - it benefits the consumers.

On 3/16/2023 at 6:33 AM, cclarry said:

I wonder what that means? Is Waves just changing their registration system, or are they going to abandon Waves Central for something else?

• Like 1

I just reloaded a brand new PC (thanks @Jim Roseberry!)  Surprisingly, Waves mercury installed without one issue (activated to USB stick) - including versions 12-14.  I would like to WUP at least one more time but not for $240 ($440 if I include the v14 ones).  Awaiting one of the rare WUP discounts via the extra discount hopefully from everyplugin.com!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, husker said:

I like Waves as well and the WUP doesn't bother me.  I live in the world of IT, where maintenance cost are a daily thing for me.   My biggest issue with WUP is that they provide very little in return for what you pay.  I've only ever paid WUP one time.

@PavlovsCat has mentioned a few times that one thing that Waves has done is drive prices down across the industry, which benefits everyone.  There are plenty of options out there for sure.

I empathize with developers for wanting a more consistent revenue stream (hence, the subscription model), so my issue isn't completely due to the existence of WUP, but the lack of transparency in how Waves' prospects/customers often learn about WUP, which, in my experience, was after the sale.  I think Waves would do well to simply state that updating to a new version comes with a cost rather than the concept of the Update Plan, which I think puts a bad taste in the mouths of some customers because it isn't commonplace / anticipated. For instance, NI can do a new version of KONTAKT and most of us are willing to pay to update if there are decent benefits, but we're generally not paying extra to ensure the program keeps working. But I think a big part of the problem with the Waves Update Plan is that the company hasn't historically  communicated this system clearly prior to the sale (more recently they've done a better job by having a little item that states "Free Waves Update Plan" when you go to your cart, although I still think this plan is likely to be misunderstood by new customers and could be better explained, but Waves is, no doubt, concerned being more transparent will lower their conversion rates).  At least, that's my take. But this whole serial registration thing, not accepting serials after March 26, that's easily just as problematic as the lack of transparency of the Update Plan, IMO. 

(Hold your fire, boys! It's just an opinion.) 

Edited by PavlovsCat

53 minutes ago, abacab said:

are they going to abandon Waves Central for something else?

That's what I am wondering. It better be a seamless change though. Will all my older projects work with this new system? Or will all my older projects that use Waves plugins have to be re-scanned and thus re-setting all parameters to default?

They need to start saying something.