UAD $50 Coupon Code

cclarry

Get our best for $99 or less!

Use the code “MARCHTOP50” at checkout to take an additional $50 off during the UAD Top 50 Sale.*

Get top hits like Auto‑Tune,® C‑Vox,® and the EL8 Distressor® — plus recent releases like the Hitsville EQ Collection and Waterfall Rotary Speaker all for $99 or less!

Don’t wait, your code expires 3/31.

*Coupon valid for online store purchases of $99 or more.

https://www.uaudio.com/uad-plugins/on-sale.html

• Like 2

13 hours ago, kevin H said:

Works on recently released (and on sale) native bundles.  Also got an additional $25 off for a future purchase after checkout.

Befare they don t last long before it goes off check 5e date on your vaucher , i sually wait the last dayz of sales .... sometime they do another round or some and you have great opportunity

• Like 1

I have to admit, I'm not that interested in UAD at this point other than for the Unison preamps in my Apollo. I use them to track with all the time but there are so many native alternatives to most of their other plugins, and at a much more friendly price, that unless it's a useful Unison plugin or truly unique I don't feel compelled to pick up more of their plugins.

I've recently built a new main studio computer and I'm going to get the new RME UFX III USB 3 when it comes out. I'll connect the Apollo via ADAT and clock it to the REM. I should then be able to run just about any session natively without any real sacrifices any more regarding CPU management.

UAD's commitment to Thunderbolt and their treatment of Windows users as a second thought (uh, where is Luna for Windows?) kept me from going with a newer Apollo instead of the RME. I figured USB has been around and will be around forever and RME's drivers are second to none. We've had 4 iterations of TB already and since Apple owns the tech I don't have much faith in the future of it. Firewire is now obsolete but not too long ago it was going to replace USB.

1 hour ago, Tommy Byrnes said:

I have to admit, I'm not that interested in UAD at this point other than for the Unison preamps in my Apollo. I use them to track with all the time but there are so many native alternatives to most of their other plugins, and at a much more friendly price, that unless it's a useful Unison plugin or truly unique I don't feel compelled to pick up more of their plugins.

I've recently built a new main studio computer and I'm going to get the new RME UFX III USB 3 when it comes out. I'll connect the Apollo via ADAT and clock it to the REM. I should then be able to run just about any session natively without any real sacrifices any more regarding CPU management.

UAD's commitment to Thunderbolt and their treatment of Windows users as a second thought (uh, where is Luna for Windows?) kept me from going with a newer Apollo instead of the RME. I figured USB has been around and will be around forever and RME's drivers are second to none. We've had 4 iterations of TB already and since Apple owns the tech I don't have much faith in the future of it. Firewire is now obsolete but not too long ago it was going to replace USB.

I replaced by RME UFX and my 2 OctaMICII units with 3 Apollo x8p units and an Apollo Twin Duo. I own every released UAD plugin except the Spitfire libs for Luna (I'm not on a Mac). I also have an 8 channle Berhinger light pipe unit for line inputs . That's 34 inputs.

And I have 2 USB 3 OCTO Core Satellites.

I guess you could say I'm a full on UAD guy now.

Next weekend I'll be doing my first live drum tracking using 16 unison channels of API Vision Strips  (2 OH, 2 Snare, 4 Kick, 4 toms, and 4 spot mics on hats, ride and 2 crashes). Should be interesting.

OH = AEA R88
Snare = Earthworks top, AKG C414 bottom
Kick = 1970's D12, Lewit DTP 640 dual capsule (cond and dyn), Solomon SUB mic
Cymbals Spot mics = 4 Sennheiser e604 
Toms = 4 Sennheiser e614 mics

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bapu said:

I replaced by RME UFX and my 2 OctaMICII units with 3 Apollo x8p units and an Apollo Twin Duo. I own every released UAD plugin except the Spitfire libs for Luna (I'm not on a Mac). I also have an 8 channle Berhinger light pipe unit for line inputs . That's 34 inputs.

And I have 2 USB 3 OCTO Core Satellites.

I guess you could say I'm a full on UAD guy now.

I love UAD the company and struggled to leave their ecosystem as my main interface but I wanted the best drivers, clock and converters I could get in a single unit so I chose RME. No real life experience with their equipment but their reputation and long conversations with other studio owners convinced me. Knowing that I can still use the Apollo firewire as essentially a preamp and plugin host, connect my other ADAT pres and sync them all to the RME clock made the choice pretty easy. I got the inside info on the new converters and clock for the UFXIII from my Sweetwater guy, who is a studio geek whom I trust.

I used an RME UFX for last 10 years or so and it was always rock solid. I have had an a UAD card since they were released.  I recently got an Apollo x4 on Windows and really got into the unison preamps, console app (though RME TotalMix is far more flexible), and the whole UA interface. 

I thought I’d keep my RME UFX to track natively low latency, but I get 32 samples on the x4 with no issues and then didn’t seem the need to keep the RME which I sold last week (and felt bad letting it go!)

I do need a few more inputs so will wait to see if anything is announced at NAMM and get additional UA interface next month.  

They are all cool tools for sure. RME does drivers right no doubt.