WALK DONT RUN

Paul Bush

Hi chaps , well here`s a new one , Ive been through every stage of loving it , hating it, dumping it, and plain fed up with it, that said I´m now rather happy with it as always all of your comments are welcome . cheers Paul

You wanna run before you learned how to walk,

You wanna shout before you`ve learned how to talk,

Think you can change your life with ink

Still you dont feel that your fitting in

You change, you change, for changes sake but that

dont help the emptyness inside, Re-invent, re-invent,

re-invent yourself , but you just cant hold back the tide

You paint yourself to stand out from the crowd,

Pierce your skin and you talk too loud

you can protest for unknown cause

but you still find youreslf all alone

.....chorus.....

…...Oohaaa Oohha.........

Bridge

Youre checkin out, your reflextion, nobody see´s you

No one pays you no mind, Blending in with the crowd

Feeling not so proud, Your fanatsy world breaking

down yeah

Tattoo`s are stinging , pieced skin`s a weeping

Your pride is creaking….yeah yeah yeah...

….solo....

Acoustic Break

…...ohh ahh ooh ahh ooh ahh.......

Youve backed yourself into a corner right now

Being so cool , just didnt work out

The outside world frightens you most

You walk alone feeling just like a ghost

.....chorus.....

.....outro.....

Break out from yourself

stop being someone else

stand on your own two feet

and set yourself free

Break out from yourself

stop being someone else

your not on the shelf

and set yourself free

• Like 4

Hey Paul -- very nice -- esp. when it gets to the doo-wahs and the bridge -- some clever chord changes there.  It does seem that the song really gets going from the bridge on -- maybe try to connect the verses before that better music-wise?   The mix and arrangement are pleasing as are the  vocals.  Catchy song - :) - Allan.

Edited by ABull
  • Like 1

Paul, this one sounds great to my ears, it's a very well written song ! lots of different pieces that keep the interest . . . from your introduction at the top of the thread, sounds like you ran the gamut of feelings about it, but trust me, this one turned out really good. The harmonies really stand out, and I always love your lead vocals, you've also got a warm  expressive and melodic sound to that lead guitar. If I were the drummer on this one (only in my dreams) I would be banging those toms a lot more, (hint, hint) Mix wise, the one thing I noticed was the 3rd chorus volume or intensity dips a bit. 

Also, it sounds like you were inspired by some of those same British bands I admire as well . . .

• Like 1

Another very, very good song and interesting production. Maybe a bit less reverb on the drums. The lead guitar is perfect. Nice arrangement touches here and there that keep the song moving and interesting. I'd bring the bass up in certain sections. Vox are great 🎶🎶🎶🎶

• Like 1

On 3/14/2023 at 2:59 PM, Paul Bush said:

Hi chaps , well here`s a new one , Ive been through every stage of loving it , hating it, dumping it, and plain fed up with it, that said I´m now rather happy with it as always all of your comments are welcome . cheers Paul

You wanna run before you learned how to walk,

You wanna shout before you`ve learned how to talk,

Think you can change your life with ink

Still you dont feel that your fitting in

You change, you change, for changes sake but that

dont help the emptyness inside, Re-invent, re-invent,

re-invent yourself , but you just cant hold back the tide

You paint yourself to stand out from the crowd,

Pierce your skin and you talk too loud

you can protest for unknown cause

but you still find youreslf all alone

.....chorus.....

…...Oohaaa Oohha.........

Bridge

Youre checkin out, your reflextion, nobody see´s you

No one pays you no mind, Blending in with the crowd

Feeling not so proud, Your fanatsy world breaking

down yeah

Tattoo`s are stinging , pieced skin`s a weeping

Your pride is creaking….yeah yeah yeah...

….solo....

Acoustic Break

…...ohh ahh ooh ahh ooh ahh.......

Youve backed yourself into a corner right now

Being so cool , just didnt work out

The outside world frightens you most

You walk alone feeling just like a ghost

.....chorus.....

.....outro.....

Break out from yourself

stop being someone else

stand on your own two feet

and set yourself free

Break out from yourself

stop being someone else

your not on the shelf

and set yourself free

This is a good opinion about tattoo.

• Like 1

Thanks chaps for all the positive feedback, Bass Is really a problem with  me as I cant really play Bass and i´m never really happy with it so I tend to and hide it and inspite of that a I do turn it up but never enough It may be due to my cheap headphones , I bought nice ones and well I just dont like them , I threw everything but the kitchen sink at this one  productionwise (creative sauce tutorials my lifes blood) I do feel this is my best production thus far ...learning by doing as they say .....great forum, great members ,always a pleasure  cheers guys...... 

Hi Paul,

Great job, nice mix, I like the vocals and harmonies, the guitar is very nice, pleasant song indeed. I like the way you go into the bridge part, very well crafted song all around. Don’t hide the bass ha. I appreciate that you posted the lyrics, your vocals are very clear but it’s a good idea (for me to do too!).

• Like 1

Yeah, great song, Paul!  I love your taste in music, and this song has a catchy vibe that just doesn't quit.  Go ahead and punch up that bass a little, and this song will be one to hang your hat on.  I should say that your lyrics and vocals are very good from song to song.  That's one of your strengths!  Keep it up!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Late to the party, I'll just echo the comments above.

👍's

Nice guitar work, what's the signal chain on that; sim?

t

Hi t , thanks for the comments , do you mean what amps sims on the solo ? I used TH3  Tube nine (screamer)with a fender darkface 65, with a fender tweed cabinet, with a vahalla delay  using my cheap mexico secondhand strat , I did double track it though  I hope this answers your question as I´m not up to speed on the recording jargon. cheers once again 

20 hours ago, freddy j said:

Absoflilipinlutely great  pop-rocking song.  Love the lyrics and the arrangement/instrumentation sells the message.  Great vocals and love the harmonies and BGV's.

Great stuff!!!

Thats high praise comming from you Freddy thanks a lot , it means so much , its one of those song where one starts off with nothing  and with a bit of luck hits the imagination of others , I never know if its good or not  cheers paul

• Like 1

Liked the change up at the bridge - it's a great song. My one crit is that it slightly sounds like its being held back as an overall mix - I guess I just really wanted it to break out and fly. 

That said - it's a very minor crit - you did a great job on it.

Andy

• Like 1