Question - not a song

Xoo

For those of you who add videos to your tracks on here (which I do occasionally), how do you get things like news clips into your video editor (I remember one that @whoisp did - East Bay Way-  with quite a few such clips)?  I know how get and use media clips from, say, Pexels, but not how to for something from a news outlet.

TIA,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kperry said:

For those of you who add videos to your tracks on here (which I do occasionally), how do you get things like news clips into your video editor (I remember one that @whoisp did - East Bay Way-  with quite a few such clips)?  I know how get and use media clips from, say, Pexels, but not how to for something from a news outlet.

TIA,

Sometimes i will record PC or my Phone screen and then cut it up in the video editor

The depending where the video is located on social media i may use a Facebook, twitter and youtube downloaders. Careful with copyright but fair use an exception to copyright. Fair use is one of the exceptions in copyright which allows use of copyrighted materials without obtaining permission as long as the use can be considered fair.  examples like criticism (politics the system etc) , comments, culture, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research —as examples of activities that may qualify as fair use. Open solely to illustrate a point with artist expression. 

PLEASE NOTE: This does not stop trolls or jealous people reporting you because the system is automated it has flaws! I have had one copyright strike on YouTube because of a troll "claimed" i used his music which i had to rebut with my copyright of music which took months because troll gave fake name and address etc!  

However then YouTube seen the video then pulled same video but now for Warner Bros copyright (few seconds of a matrix clip) . However YouTube "should" give you 30days to dispute any claims with the owner. Youtube then gave me the wrong owner and not Warner Bros so i could not dispute it as fair use. Fact Youtube then screwed up by going against their own rules which took months to sort out. What i am saying is be careful because peole hide behind keyboards to cause you trouble. However all that should help you, good luck

P