How do you drag and drop Take lanes between tracks?

craigr68

Item 4 of Release Notes says this:

Copy/paste and drag drop enhancements, including full support for drag and drop of Take lanes between tracks, and improved drag drop preview to visually represent the final data.

I had no trouble moving clips between track take lanes but how do you move entire take lanes between tracks?  I tried a few things but nothing is working for me. 

Although I've figured out most of the rest of the enhancements, was there any post or video with more detail about them?

If you tried it in prior releases you will see whats new lol :)
Drag and drop to lanes and tracks previously tried to match up to previous take lanes which resulted in potential overwriting of take data. Also dragging to the last lane would never add new lanes - rather it would round robin and overwrite earlier takes. In short it was not usable.

As far as dragging takes to new tracks it would not create new lanes properly and would not retain the order of the lanes you dragged. Drag and drop and copy paste of lanes across projects was also not supported properly. The bulk of the work was ensuring all these operations are "lane aware"

When dragging track lanes between previously existing tracks, what's the trick to get it to open a new track lane rather than overwriting the current one?  I can't get this to work.  Even in msmcleod's example above, the track lane he's dragging to already exists, so it's not automatically opening a new take lane.  This is why I'm confused about this. 

3 hours ago, craigr68 said:

When dragging track lanes between previously existing tracks, what's the trick to get it to open a new track lane rather than overwriting the current one?  I can't get this to work.  Even in msmcleod's example above, the track lane he's dragging to already exists, so it's not automatically opening a new take lane.  This is why I'm confused about this. 

Just expand the take lanes, and one will be created for you automatically. If you need more, just click on the + sign:

adding_take_lanes.gif

Edited by msmcleod