Same Time Same Place

bjornpdx

Same Time Same Place

I started this song a few years ago, back when I used BIAB for backing tracks. I found a really nice fingerpicking midi pattern which I edited a little, then added a melody on top and some strings on the bottom.

Bolder Sounds Fiddle
Zebra
Omnisphere

Thanks for listening/commenting

-Bjorn

• Like 4

Thanks Rik.   I've been resurrecting old unfinished songs and this is one I've been wanting to get to for a long time.  I had a friend listen to it and she said it reminded her of Georgie girl.  Kind of surprised me since I'm not hearing any similarity but then I read your comment saying the same thing so now I don't know what to think.   Anyway, thanks for listening and I appreciate the comment.

-Bjorn

Bjorn,

Very pleasant listen.   I hear bits of Georgy Girl but the first thing the song reminded me of was A Summer Place.     There are maybe just hints or elements of that style music but definitely has its' own identity.   Nice track.

Regards

• Thanks 1

Hi Bjorn,

I also get a bit of G/G in this piece, but it brings to mind 'The good the bad and the ugly' sound track ...dunno why  ...  However your getting really good at musical communication , where one sound counters another .. and so on.  I really am a fan of your work ... but where's the vid?  LOL

ATB

Steve

• Thanks 1

On 3/20/2023 at 3:03 PM, bjornpdx said:

Thanks Steve. I thought about making a video but a new computer got in the way.  So much stuff (and time) to move everything over to the new computer!

-Bjorn

Yep! been there ... Are you using MAC? or staying with windows ... Just idle interest as I was thinking of moving over to Mac  ... but the work eerrg

Steve

9 hours ago, Supa Reels said:

Yep! been there ... Are you using MAC? or staying with windows ... Just idle interest as I was thinking of moving over to Mac  ... but the work eerrg

Steve

Has to be Windows if you build the computer yourself.   I'm comfortable with  Windows,  unlike Mac where I'm totally lost.

-Bjorn

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Has to be Windows if you build the computer yourself.   I'm comfortable with  Windows,  unlike Mac where I'm totally lost.

-Bjorn

Yep, it's the same deal from my end Bjorn, it's just that from then to now your stuff ( and vids ) have become so professional ( respect )  I wondered if you was gonna take the hop 🙃 For me ( with the home built PC ( as you ) I think I needed reassurance.  Good to know you get great stuff from your gear.

I had the opportunity to look up an old mate and he had the latest Mac book set up / when he told me how long it took to swap things around with the flaf ( Samples etc ) Not the main progs, I don't think I'm young enough to learn a new O/S  ... plus I wanna sleep  🥺.. I  use C/w by Bandlab and C/b 12 pro , and IMHO they are the best ... for everything a songwriter needs.

Thanks mate for responding 👍means a lot

Stay well

Steve

Hi Bjorn,

Nice piece, its very clean and balanced and pleasant. I like the instrumentation and pace. I think it would go great in a film at the beginning where a woman is wandering around a town center curiously looking in shop windows, a kinda whimsical stage before any minor drama might appear.  A film where nothing goes terribly wrong or is overly sweet. Enjoyed it and my imaginary film ha.