2 FREE FX plugins by Green Oak

Lemar Sain

Green Oak Software makers of the popular classic synth Crystal has released

Tungsten

Texture Delay Effect

Delay effect with a twist. Tungsten is a sound design tool to add ambience with texture and color.

TungstenScreenshot-1.png

Cesium

Lush Chorus Effect

Cesium brings distinctive character to a chorus effect. Use it to add motion and depth to your sound.

CesiumScreenshot-1.png

https://greenoak.com/effects/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 11

1 hour ago, MusicMan said:

The design has nothing to do with the actual sound, (although it can change perception), but these things look cool!

Indeed. Love the steampunk look. I'm a fan of the Shadow Hills Mastering Compressors' UI and these remind me of them in a good way.

The UI can most definitely affect the way a track sounds by making me more or less likely to use the FX and features in the first place. I'm thinking of Shadow Hills Mastering and elysia alpha. Great looking UI's that make me feel good when I'm using them.

Unfiltered Audio BYOME is one that I'm more encouraged to use due to the amazing look of the UI.

Whoever did the UI, I'd sure like to see Crystal get a skin from them.

Edited by Starship Krupa
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Fleer said:

Here’s hoping for Apple Silicon compatibility. 

Yup, they both came up in GP4 (AU and VST3), though you had to select to install VST3 "for Cubase compatibility".  The same could not be said for their Crystal plugin (failed GP4 plugin scan).

• Thanks 1

On 3/11/2023 at 10:59 AM, Starship Krupa said:

Indeed. Love the steampunk look. I'm a fan of the Shadow Hills Mastering Compressors' UI and these remind me of them in a good way.

The UI can most definitely affect the way a track sounds by making me more or less likely to use the FX and features in the first place. I'm thinking of Shadow Hills Mastering and elysia alpha. Great looking UI's that make me feel good when I'm using them.

Unfiltered Audio BYOME is one that I'm more encouraged to use due to the amazing look of the UI.

Whoever did the UI, I'd sure like to see Crystal get a skin from them.

Very good points there and actually, I like all of those! I did go to check out Crystal to see if it had been updated, but it didn't look like it was VST3 so I didn't go any further.

Sometimes the look of the plugins can make people feel more creative and inspired too. There's also an expectation people will often get based on how good a plugin looks like it will sound that can trick the mind. Another reason why MCompare, Hofa blind test etc can be really good also so it's always unbiased from a sound perspective.

• Like 1