XLN Addictive Drums Sale

cclarry

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

Their Development is really poor IMO

I would qualify that statement to say that "their new product development is poor". The existing XLN programs still work very well, and they are frequently offered maintenance updates by the developers.

Just a lack of new products or content for existing customers to look forward to...

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, abacab said:

I would qualify that statement to say that "their new product development is poor". The existing XLN programs still work very well, and they are frequently offered maintenance updates by the developers.

Just a lack of new products or content for existing customers to look forward to...

I concur, while they don't lend themselves well to gas, their plugs always work well and the sounds are legit. I'm pretty sure I'm all caught up on drum samples at the moment. 😆

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 1

10 minutes ago, abacab said:

I'd even qualify that to say that the rate of new development for AD is poor.  I love RC-20 and the more recent drum kits of theirs are not bad at all.

Besides, how many drum kits do you need anyway?

Edited by Magic Russ
  • Like 3
  • Great Idea 1

On 3/10/2023 at 10:44 AM, jngnz said:

Do yourselves a favour and never try BFD or SD because going back to AD2 or Modo Drum is like going back to toys and nothing will ever be the same.

Edited out, sorry, I was on drugs (not really).

Edited by Last Call
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jngnz said:

Do yourselves a favour and never try BFD or SD because going back to AD2 or Modo Drum is like going back to toys and nothing will ever be the same.

The sound quality of  the Bfd 3 cymbals  is  unreached , but the workflow of BFD is not as half as good as of AD .

Some kits if AD drums without presets and fx are ga very good basic and AD  offers a good  easy  workflow , imo .not bad at all.

Imo the user unfriendly upgrade options from Toontrack  SD 2 to 3 , fron EX  1 to 2 aso is a no go,because they don' t offer  upgrade options.

Edited by Pragi

1 hour ago, abacab said:

Bottom line is that nobody listening to your music will know what drums you used in a mix. It all comes down to whatever is easiest for your workflow.

If it sounds good, it is good! :)

I would usually agree with this kind of comment , and still, in a way you're right, but quality still projects in a mix:

In my example GGD is full of fizzy harshness, usually on the high end,  in the cymbals, drums have no weight, even when their samples are super compressed or limited.

Mixwave is not that bad, maybe in some genres you could get away with it (they just released a Benny Greb kit but judging by the past I am not gonna bother)

Analog Drums don't deserve a comment nor NDK (2006 library).

Addictive Drums have no weight either, I mean the snares. Toms sound like I am hitting my desk with anything. Cymbals are just ***** compared to SD3. Maybe some kick drum is salvageable.

And in SD3 SOME toms in the direct mikes sound so weak... not even a limiter saves them. Still SD wins for me.

Haven't tested more because it's tiresome, lol

(Forgot some Legacy Drums that are absolute garbage, Wavesfactory or something )

Edited by Last Call

1 hour ago, Last Call said:

I would usually agree with this kind of comment , and still, in a way you're right, but quality still projects in a mix:

In my example GGD is full of fizzy harshness, usually on the high end,  in the cymbals, drums have no weight, even when their samples are super compressed or limited.

Those are things that can be fixed in the mix.

• Like 2