Is CPU usage affect result of Audio Snap?

CW P

Question

I'm editing some vocal track using Audio Snap. My computer is very old stuff. So I saw cracks many time in my PC.

But I'm wondering is CPU also affect result of Audio Snap?

In Online Mode, I understand it can be some cracks. but when I bounced track after I finished editing, there were some glitches.

This glitch appear more often in 'Elastique' Mode. When I choose 'Radius', It becomes more better. But still have some glitches.

Edited by CW P

5 answers to this question

CPU wouldn’t affect the Offline result in my opinion.

Which Radius Algorithm are you using?  Radius Mix is best in general with reliability and results.  (Radius Mix crucial for Polyphonic material, more than one note at a time.) Radius Solo is for a monophonic instrument, Radius solo (bass), Radius solo (voice).  The Solo ones aren’t as reliable for me and definitely wouldn’t be good for polyphonic material.  You might check that!

Also, before bouncing, highlight the entire track you’re bouncing the audio snap on and Look in the Audio Snap view to make sure ALL clips are set to the correct algorithm.  If they are set different, the Offline selection will say Multi letting you know multiple algorithms are set on the different clips.  Things can get changed in the heat of the moment.

✌️

Edited by Blogospherianman

Thanks for replying. There was a mistake that I wrote 'Offline' supposed to be 'Online'. Anyway you did a right answer for me. :) 

I use Radius Solo (Vocal) because I edit only monophonic vocal tracks. So, you mean Radius Mix can be better then Radius Solo even in vocal track?

3 hours ago, CW P said:

Thanks for replying. There was a mistake that I wrote 'Offline' supposed to be 'Online'. Anyway you did a right answer for me. :) 

I use Radius Solo (Vocal) because I edit only monophonic vocal tracks. So, you mean Radius Mix can be better then Radius Solo even in vocal track?

I’ve used them all extensively and have found  Radius Mix More reliable even with monophonic vocal tracks.  The solo ones just tend to glitch on occasion for no reason.  They are faster so you can always try them first then use Radius Mix if you’re not satisfied.  I used to use different ones for the different stuff, but nowadays I like the slow and steady of the Radius Mix. 

Give it try! 👍