Universal Audio with Cakewalk?

Davydh

Four years ago I built me own Thunderbolt 3 desktop to use the Apollo Twin Quad and it works great, when it's working, but I seem to have constant mysterious slow-downs and sticky, jerkiness every month for up to a week, and then it just goes back to working well on it's own. I've tried lots of things to get it to work well EVERY day but I haven't had much success. Calls to UA support usually end in them telling me Windows and UA are still a work in progress and they don't seem to have any person who is an expert in Windows which is kinda sad, considering millions of folks use windows. Would I buy it again? I doubt it. The plugs are nice but not night and day better and most of them are aimed at simulating old gear and it seems they are stuck in the past quite a bit. Getting a plug of a famous old piece of gear I've never heard of is pretty useless since I've never been in a "real" studio to try the various gear and compare the hardware to the software. Also the latency is lower with other USB interfaces.

Hope this helps🤨

• 1 month later...

Hello Lapasoa,

I finally got my Apollo Twin USB working on my computer, I had to purchase a USB PCI card with a specific chipset driver... took me 3 days to figure things out.  My brain is now melted.... Now I'm trying to figure out how to run this in Cakewalk... Would you mind sharing some insights? Short tutorial? Please....

Thanks!