2019.07 Feedback

Jesse Jost

2 hours ago, Joseph Edward Youssef said:

Left Clicking now sets NOW marker (while playback)

I don't like that ! can't change it !

and clicking inside a clip while it's ON to make a split point does nothing !

If you install the Early Access Hotfix, there is now an option to turn this behavior on and off in the Options menu for the Track View. The hotfix also allows for CTRL clicking to override setting the Now Time while the Set Playback option is enabled. You can find the download here: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joseph Edward Youssef said:

Left Clicking now sets NOW marker (while playback)

I don't like that ! can't change it !

and clicking inside a clip while it's ON to make a split point does nothing !

@Joseph Edward Youssef can you please elaborate, what can't you change? This is configurable in the hotfix in the click behavior.

Also what are the steps to repro the split issue?

1 hour ago, Blacksymphony said:

Clip Selection Bug

Short Description: if a track contains multiple clip,the last one is unselectable

https://youtu.be/XVBxFmtMCVM

when this happened,I have to close and reopen CbB,everything will be back to normal.

It seems appear randomly,I haven't figure out how to reproduce this bug. 

PS:Is it possible to make the transform tool avaliable for tempo map?

it will make tempo adjustment much much easier.:D

@Blacksymphony Is the clip selection issue still happening in the 07 release?  I fixed a very similar sounding selection issue in 07.

Regarding the transform tool: tempo is global and not per track so doing it in the clips view would not be appropriate. We do have plans for enhancing this in the future however.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@Blacksymphony Is the clip selection issue still happening in the 07 release?  I fixed a very similar sounding selection issue in 07.

Regarding the transform tool: tempo is global and not per track so doing it in the clips view would not be appropriate. We do have plans for enhancing this in the future however.

only once in 07 release.but I cannot reproduce it any moreO.o.I will try to reinstall CbB to see if this will happen again.

and there's also a track selection bug still exist in 07 release

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld9691N1T4U

I've already reported on bandlab support."request (220300) ".with the project file.

this issue related to certain project file.

it‘s glad to kown tempo view is going to get enhancment.I've waited this for 15 years:P^Thanks.

On 7/31/2019 at 11:15 AM, Jesse Jost said:

Ctrl+click behavior as described is not in 70, but will be introduced in the next build.

I don't mind the new behaviour, My idea woud be to have the ESC key as a universal deselect shortcut  - I don't think it's used for anything else and is easy to find without releasing the mouse for righties. 

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, James Argo said:

Just reminding, we have this bug introduced in 07. @Ben Staton  said it was fixed and will be in next release. Looks like the problem  is still there even after installing the hot fix. Please also read my reply in the bottom of the thread.

Thank you guys! You all are hot and cool at the same time!!!

There was a fix for a similar constrained mouse issue in the Hotfix EA, however the Vertical Zoom issue described there is logged and in the queue.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@Blacksymphony don't bother reinstalling. Problems like this are not an install issue. 

Could you please upload a project that you use to repro the issue? Often its data related so much easier for us to troubleshoot with the actual project file.

https://help.bandlab.com/attachments/token/Z6OoyVcPulPeh0nFkp4dkSTt6/?name=bug+test.cwp

here it is.

• Thanks 1

Another new behavior is that when I try to select a couple of nodes on an automation envelope with the right-click lasso, it selects all automation on the clip. (This happens even if I expand the automation lanes, which I normally never use except sometimes while creating envelopes.) Is that the way it is now, or am I missing something? I can see how it makes a kind of sense since the right click lasso would select the clip were the track's edit filter set to clips, but the vertical swipe-to-select thing doesn't work well for selecting nodes that are stacked up above each other, and ctrl-clicking each node or moving them one at a  time is kind of clumsy.

Anyway, is the behavior supposed to be different now? Is there a way to use the lasso on only a few nodes?

Edited by btbrock

1 hour ago, btbrock said:

Another new behavior is that when I try to select a couple of nodes on an automation envelope with the right-click lasso, it selects all automation on the clip. (This happens even if I expand the automation lanes, which I normally never use except sometimes while creating envelopes.) Is that the way it is now, or am I missing something? I can see how it makes a kind of sense since the right click lasso would select the clip were the track's edit filter set to clips, but the vertical swipe-to-select thing doesn't work well for selecting nodes that are stacked up above each other, and ctrl-clicking each node or moving them one at a  time is kind of clumsy.

Anyway, is the behavior supposed to be different now? Is there a way to use the lasso on only a few nodes?

Hmm... I'm not seeing this on our end. Lasso select should only select whatever you happen to have in the lasso. What kind of envelope are you editing? Any difference in other projects? 

2 hours ago, Jon Sasor said:

Hmm... I'm not seeing this on our end. Lasso select should only select whatever you happen to have in the lasso. What kind of envelope are you editing? Any difference in other projects? 

OK I started a new project, recorded a bit of silence, and it looks like when "select track envelopes with clips" is checked, lassoing one node will select all the nodes within that clip, but unchecked it will select only the one node. Before it would always select the one node.

13 hours ago, btbrock said:

OK I started a new project, recorded a bit of silence, and it looks like when "select track envelopes with clips" is checked, lassoing one node will select all the nodes within that clip, but unchecked it will select only the one node. Before it would always select the one node.

Okay, so this is specific to working with envelopes on the main track rather than in Lanes. I've added this to the fix queue. Thanks!

• Thanks 1

On 7/30/2019 at 11:58 PM, Noel Borthwick said:

Hi @btbrock we added the ability to click to change the position during playback since that is the most intuitive and fast gesture to quickly change playback position rather than requiring the user to click on the timeline. Most other programs also do this.

May I ask why deselecting during playback is more important than this in your workflow?
Also you can deselect using the select NONE command or any keybinding for it.  Currently you can press CTRL Shift A to deselect or press the numpad 5 key (with num lock off) to deselect all.

There is no preference for this behavior...

Im sorry, I don't think so.   I think that is the most stupid move in this update. I can't  use my mouse to make a position to ZOOM in/out and edit my clips while playback.

that  slow me down 50% in workflow at least.

**Update: I found the hotfix ,  that is so great ! THX!

Edited by majorhon

On 7/30/2019 at 9:25 AM, Mannymac said:

1) Further improvements to plugin load balancing

2) If we could  color markers

+1 on the above requests
Vid tutorials showing the "why" of workflow for changes would be very helpful. ~ thanks!

Edited by sadicus

Nice update so far. 

Question regarding comping behavior:

Prior:

Take Lanes- I would split phrases, click  phrase; playback would adhere to clip range and LOOP as I selected (auditioned) alternate clips. Very easy to just jump around and have the playhead always jump back to the clip boundry... This was my preferred way to quickly audition lots of takes instead of the official Speed Comping method ( sort of a hybrid).

Now: I can select the clips within Take Lanes but playback continues forward and does not loop. Totally kills that ultrafast workflow. Any preference I can adjust/untick to go back to prior behavior?

Thanks!!

Edited by DCMG
clarity

6 minutes ago, DCMG said:

Nice update so far. Love having the timeline range draggable...very helpful.

Question regarding Comping Tool Behavior:

Prior:

Take Lanes- I would split phrases, click a phrase; playback would adhere to that clip range and LOOP as I selected (auditioned) alternate clips. Very easy to just jump around and have the playhead always jump back to the clip boundry... This was my preferred way to quickly audition lots of takes; I selected, CW did the looping of phrase automagically.

Now: I can select the clips within Take Lanes but playback continues forward and does not loop. Totally kills that ultrafast workflow. Any preference I can adjust/untick to go back to prior behavior?

Thanks!!

You're referring to Speed Comping. That's still there, you just engage it by hitting Shift + Space bar (which is the same as before).