Setting up a new space

bluzdog

I'm moving in to a new room and I'm looking for a few ideas.  It's not big ( 10' 4"x 11'4").  I'll mostly be recording guitar. The current plan is use a laptop ( I'll probably get another machine at some point) with a Babyface, Quad Cortex and/or a Tonex pedal and monitor through Dynaudio BM5As. I have Masterlink ( CD player) and a turntable that I want to include. I'm considering an Audient Nero as a monitor controller/hub as it will give me enough i/o. It would be cool if I could monitor everything through room correction software.

The room is empty and I'm pretty stoked to get it set up with guitars, amps, etc.  I don't have a huge budget but I plan to pick up a desk https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ProRakLS840B--rab-audio-pro-rak-ls840-studio-workstation-black-trim

An Audient Nero, A Fryette Power Load IR, a Schiitt Mani 2 and a couple of speaker stands soon. 

Any help and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

On 3/7/2023 at 7:14 PM, bluzdog said:

I'm moving in to a new room and I'm looking for a few ideas.  It's not big ( 10' 4"x 11'4").  I'll mostly be recording guitar. The current plan is use a laptop ( I'll probably get another machine at some point) with a Babyface, Quad Cortex and/or a Tonex pedal and monitor through Dynaudio BM5As. I have Masterlink ( CD player) and a turntable that I want to include. I'm considering an Audient Nero as a monitor controller/hub as it will give me enough i/o. It would be cool if I could monitor everything through room correction software.

The room is empty and I'm pretty stoked to get it set up with guitars, amps, etc.  I don't have a huge budget but I plan to pick up a desk https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ProRakLS840B--rab-audio-pro-rak-ls840-studio-workstation-black-trim

An Audient Nero, A Fryette Power Load IR, a Schiitt Mani 2 and a couple of speaker stands soon. 

Any help and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Bluzdog, 

Check out Ethan Winer's  website, Real Traps he has a host of information about arranging and building your acoustid panels. Somewhere on the site are full instructions for creating you own.  

I built these from the instructions on his website, but this was over 10 years ago when he was a regular in these Cakewalk forums

Home Wall Panels

• Thanks 1