Project load issue in 2019.07

pax-eterna

• Jesse Jost changed the title to Project load issue in 2019.07

Maybe it's one of those bugs that were observed in earlier versions for users of NI keyboards, when Omni is selected as MIDI IN on an instrument track for the instance of the Komplete Kontrol VST Plugin. It would somehow turn into several MIDI ports selected at the same time:

* Komplete Kontrol - 1 (first physical MIDI out over USB that contains the keybed data - notes and controllers)

* Komplete Kontrol 1 (MIDI Out of the first instance of the Komplete Kontrol VST plugin loaded in the instrument track)

* Komplete Kontrol DAW (second physical MIDI out over USB that contains transport control buttons)

This would cause notes to be recorded twice (one from keyboard, another from MIDI through of the KK VST plugin instance) and other annoying inconsistencies until one manually set the MIDI IN to Komplete Kontrol - 1.

So maybe some had projects where those Omni inputs were never manually fixed, and the new version just dies when it faces such tracks. 

That's a lot of guessing on my end though considering I haven't tried 2019.7 yet 😅

Thx Noel - I have replied.

@Promidi thx for posting that but it made no difference. FWIW when I checked the MIDI devices, none were selected even though I know before the update they were. So I tried re-enabling it and that made no difference either.

going on most of the replies it seems it is a local issue so it could be a bitch to try and sort out :(

5 hours ago, Promidi said:

I have actually lodged a support ticket with Cakewalk Support.  I included a copy of a complete project file where this issue manifest for them to have a look at.  I also exported an MSinfo32 report and sent that as well.

I've known you for a long time on these forums. Im not doubting you P-Mid.:)

Just trying to help narrow down weather it might be specific builds, set ups, soundcards, exc.

I applaud your follow up with Cakewalk, it helps when users submit stuff like you did. Helps us all

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Promidi said:

Unfortunately this issue does not generate a minidump

@Promidi and others,

Noel Borthwick wrote a pretty concise post about minidumps.  The post includes information about how to collect a minidump report when one is not automatically generated.  Here is a link:  https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/3865-better-problem-reporting-how-to-capture-a-crash-dump/   I also have a link to the article in my signature.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1