Cherry Audio - Mercury-6

Niky Serrano

Interesting synth.  Some cool sounds.  Will probably be an instant collector's item for fans of the Jupiter-6  and CA soft synth collectors.  As for me, I have been getting into a couple of the new synths added to CA's Synth Stack and am not sure this one will  be as useful to me.  If they come out with more synths in the Mercury line and have a massive collection of Mercury modules for use in Voltage Modules, that might be a better fit for me. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, User 905133 said:

Interesting synth.  Some cool sounds.  Will probably be an instant collector's item for fans of the Jupiter-6  and CA soft synth collectors.  As for me, I have been getting into a couple of the new synths added to CA's Synth Stack and am not sure this one will  be as useful to me.  If they come out with more synths in the Mercury line and have a massive collection of Mercury modules for use in Voltage Modules, that might be a better fit for me. 

Excellent point of view 👌

• Thanks 1

DAMMIT! I do not need another great CA VSTi that I never remember to use!

That said, for near 40 bucks, I'm not sure how long I can hold out.

I'm still mad at myself for picking the Roland JX8P over the DX7 when I was in Japan in 1986. 😖😖😖

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Spice3d said:

DAMMIT! I do not need another great CA VSTi that I never remember to use!

That said, for near 40 bucks, I'm not sure how long I can hold out.

I'm still mad at myself for picking the Roland JX8P over the DX7 when I was in Japan in 1986. 😖😖😖

Look at starsky video to se how far it is from the HW lol it will mkae you richer ahahah ...

• Like 2

I have learned that different people often have very different preferences in video tutorials (style, content, personality, etc.).  I stumbled onto some deep dive Elka-X videos from One Man And His Songs and they resonated with me.  So, I just got a notification for Episode 1 of his Mercury-6 Tutorial.  I don't have this synth, but if I do get it I will be sure to watch this video series.  Passing it along in case his tutorial approach appeals to others. 

Edited by User 905133
word changes for the sake of clarity

In the past I'd hurry to get this one at the day of the release. Now I have so many softsynths that I can afford to wait until the release of the next synth stack at the end of the year (as hinted in the Pro Synth Network video).

Of course it can also be the case that I CANNOT afford to buy it right now, even for $49.

Damn!!! I was almost convincing meself that I was growing wise 😔