2019.07 appears to be available

1 hour ago, MusicMan11712 (aka Dr. Steve) said:

Not sure this solution will work for you, but I have used it several times when I can't launch Cakewalk from any location:  See if there are any "leftover" BandLab Assistant or Cakewalk Application processes in Task Manager. If you have any, your might want to wait to see if they end on their own and try relaunching when they are done. I have only recently started with the new Cakewalk and cannot even guess as to why there would be leftover processes or if something would be lost if processes were killed prematurely.

At one point, it seemed that after a software/audio crash, might have caused the leftover processes while Windows Error Reporting did its thing.

Again, I am not an expert; just sharing an observation.  I'd be happy to hear from others with more detailed knowledge on this.

Steve

Thanks Steve, I'll check into that.

OK, I installed build 79, so far all is well. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I do see some other benefits, like notes being available in staff view for inserting, rather than at the top of the screen, and clicking in staff view to un-highlight things is easier, so I hope I can continue to use this build. It's ah, well built, I would say.