Multiple Effects On Same Track Possible?

Johnbee58

Question

I've been wondering if it's possible to accomplish something in CbB.  Probably not, but it's worth asking.

If I have a vocal track that I'm just mixing using no particular special effect and I want to do a line or two with say, a doubler or flanger, I have been up to now putting the lines I want doubled on a separate track for the effect.  I'm wondering if there is some automation in CbB that would allow me to cue a special effect to trigger at a specific point on the time line instead of using a whole track and channel for just the effected part of the vocal.  I hope I'm not being too vague in my explanation as to what I want.  I'm figuring the pros probably don't have to use separate tracks and maybe the Cakewalk Bakers baked a tasty morsel like this into the program.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT-While I'm asking, is it possible to make automated changes in things like EQ and compression too?

🙂John B

Edited by Johnbee58

5 answers to this question

In each track or bus under the name is the Edit filter (Clips, Audio transients, Automation, Clip Automation for regular tracks and Automation on bus’s )

First, insert FX in the FX bin of the Track or Bus. Then select Automation in the Edit filter. There you’ll see Automated mute, pan , volume, PC compression, EQ (pro channel modules) and then any FX you have in the bin with every parameter imaginable completely selectable for Automation.  Add nodes and set the levels or automation moves.

Go nuts!! 😀 

Edited by Blogospherianman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blogospherianman said:

In each track or bus under the name is the Edit filter (Clips, Audio transients, Automation, Clip Automation for regular tracks and Automation on bus’s )

First, insert FX in the FX bin of the Track or Bus. Then select Automation in the Edit filter. There you’ll see Automated mute, pan , volume, PC compression, EQ (pro channel modules) and then any FX you have in the bin with every parameter imaginable completely selectable for Automation.  Add nodes and set the levels or automation moves.

Go nuts!! 😀 

Great!  Thanks so much!

😀JB