Metronome sounds terrible when playing Solo

Hi guys,

Have you ever experienced that the metronome sounds terrible when all the tracks are muted ?

I don't know why, I tried hundred of settings, pilots etc...No matter what, it sounds low quality and low volume.

I am recording using only my arturia mini lab direclty usb plugged into my computer and using WASAPI shared pilots because exclusive doesn't work...

I was used to SONAR with an external Audio interface, I have to admit I am a little be dissapointed about the DAW now full of bugs...

Cheers

What device do you have set to play the metronome sounds?
A lot of the "bugs" you claim to be experiencing will probably go away if you return to using an external interface, although many folks have used the WASAPI drivers (pilots) with success. 
I don't use the metronome at all, instead using a drum track (click track) through my external Yamaha keyboard. I'll take a look at it.
For the record, Cakewalk by Bandlab has fixed hundreds of bugs that were in earlier SONAR versions.

• Like 1

Yeah, the forums are full of people claiming the DAW is full of bugs 😕

Let's see, it was working fine, then you chose to not use an interface, now you're saying it's full of bugs.

Reading between the lines here, I think you've overlooked something............................................

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Miquel Cañizares said:

I don't know why, I tried hundred of settings, pilots etc...No matter what, it sounds low quality and low volume.

My default Cakewalk metronome pings (Low and Hi) are 705kbps  (according to the file properties) and sound just fine for what they are intended to do. However, I often will use a basic drum track especially as I start building up tracks. 

Did you check to see if your metronome files got corrupted? 

I don't use it regularly, but MeldaProduction's set of free plugins includes MMetronome.  Maybe that will better meet your needs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had to laugh at the threads title. The metronome is actually of good enough quality to be used as a  percussion instrument. 

I just recorded a song called  "Time Slips Away" I rarely use the metronome but this was one of those songs that started with a riff in my head and a lyrical concept so I just opened my song writing template and plugged in an acoustic guitar and recorded at the default tempo of 120 using the metronome. 

For song ideas I'm not picky about details like tempo,  I  just want  it down on tape before I forget.  I start building with midi. Bass, Drums and keyboards, that old metronome was still going even after I did the drums. It's turned down and I sort of didn't notice it. 

The song came along fast and was sounding great. Oh, better shut off the metronome. Hey, just a minute,,, it sounded like a clock ticking and was at 120 BPM! A song about time! 120BPM?   The  tick- tock sound was close but I went into the settings and found exactly what sounded more like a clock ticking.

Now I need this as an audio track Hmm??. How the heck do you do that again? I actually had to watch my own tutorial about how to record the metronome because it's not a thing I ever needed to do. And it's tricky stuff.   Anyhow I got my metronome recorded as a nice fresh audio track.  automated the track so it comes and goes. 

So there it is, your terrible sounding metronome as a very important part of the song. I think it actually saved the song from mediocrity.  

@Miquel Cañizares Here's my tutorial  regarding the metronome. https://youtu.be/fRkb5cUHs1A     it will also show you how to change the count in. 

And if you have something wrong with your audio set up.  watch this  https://youtu.be/JM8rKHQ9GIo

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...