Changing Tempo

Greetings all...

There's another DAW that I play around with.  This lasts no more than 2 days before I come back to CbB.  I've been using Cakewalk/Sonar since version 3 so it's very hard to move away from it,  and most likely I'll never change to any other DAW.

There was one feature that I really liked with the other DAW.  I can slow down or speed up the song's tempo and the audio tracks don't change  their sound... they sound exactly the same as they do at the original tempo only slower or faster - whatever speed I change the temp to.  Is there a way I can do this in CW?

Thanks so much in advance

I have a easy to follow tutorial on how to do this. Sorry it's not a slider it's a few steps but once you are set up all you need to do is change the tempo in the Transport and you can try different speeds.  Always back up your project before you do these things as it's destructive editing. Make sure the back up has it's own folder and audio folder. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0sm8cWrjIw&list=PL7YqVth30eGsdimFV6w1niyBN07M2uhRj&index=19&t=8s

Thanks so much for the info guys!!!  So much appreciated.

John... I'll have a go with your idea tomorrow.  Make a backup you say?  By the time I finish a project there are 3 or 4 backups.  :D

Sorry for taking so long in getting back to you.  I didn't have the "notify me of replies" turned on and haven't been on the forum very much

Much appreciated

One downside I found was every time you re open the project later it will say it’s building transients. That’s because audio snap is still active. 
If you turn it off the audio goes out of sync. Solution if this bothers you is to re  export the audio again and bring it back. I don’t think there’s and degrading if you export at 48/ 32 with dithering off. 

• Like 1