IK Multimedia Total Studio 3.5 MAX $177 or cheaper (<$99 )

e-cue

13 hours ago, dubdisciple said:

This is one of the greatest tests of gas resistance ever. 69.99 for all of this seems crazy to pass up, yet i know i don't need it. I will likely grab because ik has been great to me over the years.

If you do, don't forget to download all of the sounds within the download-window.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, antler said:

If you do, don't forget to download all of the sounds within the download-window.

Download each file 10 times so that hopefully IK gets the message that charging customers to re-download their own bought content is counterproductive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Still 199ex for me on the IK site. I don't own any MAX bundle. I own almost all the individual products due to last years group buy. So no, I won't be upgrading. The only thing I'm interested in is the Fame reverb and some of the Tascam plugins. Not worth 199.

18 hours ago, dubdisciple said:

Thanks. Almost forgot. I definitely need a drive for this

But realize that paying $7 (with Jam Points) to re-download expired sounds is still WAY cheaper than buying a new drive to store them on... :)

"Sounds expired? You can reactivate ALL of your sounds downloads access by purchasing 1 (one) 'Download Reactivation Credit' in IK Multimedia's webstore. Reactivation will open download access for 180 days for all registered products."

Edited by abacab
  • Great Idea 1

For me things like this induce more and more a reluctance to buy from these dinosaurs like IK!

I was thinking of buying T-Racks 5 Max yesterday, but then I remembered all the hassles installing and activating IK products and thus I abstained from purchase. These big companies make it so elaborate to install on more than 1 pc and keep it up-to-date. For example I like Amplitube, but I hate those pseudo-updates that just add new packages to it that I don't own! So why update? And there are even those companies that don't show a full modification list (back in time), so you are not able to determine which version is enough for you! I don't know how many hours I have installed updates for Apple Silicon and Co., although I have only Windows computers! Also some vendors have these all-included installers that are so inconvenient if you just have some of their plugins. It is totally intransparent what is required for your situation.