Way Out Here

steve@baselines.com

23 hours ago, Russell said:

That's a pretty good tune! Reminds me of a band I like - just can't figure out which.

I was (still am) fascinated with space also. As for the age thing, well, I was 9 when my dad, grandfather and I watched Neil land on the moon . . .

Again, Great tune!

It was a pretty cool time.  I remember sitting in the dark in front of my TV watching the moon walk unfold.  Truly magical.  I was 15 at the time.  Thank you for leaving feedback Russell.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Larry T. said:

Very good composition. Lots of interesting musical movements all through. Can't help but reference an Andy Partridge/XTC feel, please take as a compliment as they were one of the best 🎶🎶🎶🎶

HI Larry thanks for listening.  Some of my other songs have been compared to XTC as well.  I'm going to have to dig out my old album!

On 3/20/2023 at 12:28 PM, Lynn Wilson said:

Your influences really resonate with me!  I hear all of them and more in this cool song.  Perhaps a little Ben Folds?  I've heard your voice in many different ways, and it never fails to impress.  You have inspired many of us!

Hi Lynn - thank you very much!  I just started testing out the UA Spark plugins and updated the version of this song on the website.  I used their 1176 compressors on individual tracks.  Man I really like those UA plugins so far - I am going to go for the yearly subscription - to my ears they add a lot!

Very interesting composition. Nice changes. Enjoying the harmonies. Nice bass and guitar lines. The instrumentation is clever. I like the space at places. Mix is clear over here. It reminds me of a combination of lots of different songs but none specifically come to mind, but is reminiscent of songs and styles I have liked. Looks like it might be our Arizona senator in that capsule. Really enjoyed it !

• Like 1

On 3/21/2023 at 4:30 PM, treesha said:

Very interesting composition. Nice changes. Enjoying the harmonies. Nice bass and guitar lines. The instrumentation is clever. I like the space at places. Mix is clear over here. It reminds me of a combination of lots of different songs but none specifically come to mind, but is reminiscent of songs and styles I have liked. Looks like it might be our Arizona senator in that capsule. Really enjoyed it !

Hi Treesha - thank you for your feedback.  And yes, it is Mr Kelly!