Working on themes

OldNick

Question

Don't know if it's just my old eyes, but I struggle with the latest in UIs where it's all grey on grey, including sliders for panes etc. I _can_ use them, but would prefer more contrast as I find I can work faster and easier.

So I started grabbing Themes. Some of them are quite startling, but very easy to discern various features. BUT....so many of them seem to have white Note Events on a white PRV background (my battleground of choice)!...and the alternatives all seem to not change the colour of any events that are selected.

So I would like to either change the background colour of the PRV, or (preferably) change the colour of the Note Events, while being able to easily see them, bit unselected and to tell them easily from selected ones.

I looked at the lists and lists in the Theme Editing section and quailed, then floundered, then eventually pulled my head into my shell and gave up: I am not about to start building my own Theme...I just want to write music.

So could some charitable soul assist this grey old guy to just alter the colour of both unselected and selected Note Events in the PRV, please?

Thanks for any help.

2 answers to this question

For me the user generated themes mostly prove that making attractive themes is not as easy you might think. The theme editor is way too deep for the casual user IMO. Does the tungsten theme not help......?

IIRC correctly the notes in PRV follow the track colour so if you want to change the colour of those changing the track colour should do it

BVqtCCn.png

* image from reference guide p88.

https://bandlab.github.io/cakewalk/docs/Cakewalk Reference Guide.pdf

Edited by paulo

Hey Paulo, thanks for the reply, Mate!

Yeah the themes editing is WAY OTT....thousands and thousands of variables and HTH do you know what each one means? Even if there is a "language guide" you may as well learn a new ....language    ... and I am glad it's not just me, or that I missed something.

Tungsten did help in general (why do they use such a crappy UI as standard????) , but that was where I truck the Note Event problem.

But yeah I was trawling heaps and suddenly up popped a post to a question, that said that NE colours followed Track colours (arrgh!)...it's that sort of spaghetti that these older, more and more complex and powerful, programmes suffer from.😠

I am sorry I did not post an update to this thread to let good guys like you know that I had found the solution: I had moved on to the Themes forum (did not even know it existed until then) and did post there about it.

• Like 1