Elevation

KSband

15 hours ago, RikF said:

Hi KSband, nice and relaxing, enjoyed it, did you di the ncx1 ? Sounds good.

Rik

Thanks a lot Rik, it's electric so yes, just plugged it in and used some reverb, Fresh Air,  a little compression and some chorus.

Great work. Beautiful. Can I ask what microphones you used? I've only been doing this DAW thing for a little over a year but it really seems that there is no substitute for a really good microphone. I'd probably invest in a couple of great mic's than new instruments, guitars or amps as the difference I've heard is amazing  🎶🎶🎶🎶

Edited by Larry T.

Thank a lot @Larry T.! I was using a Sterling Audio ribbon mic on my last couple recordings but I was having trouble getting a good sax sound on this so I went back to my Audiotechnica 4033, had it for years, it's a great sounding condenser mic.  The nylon guitar is straight into the Focusrite , no mic, same for bass and electrics if I use them.  The bass and any electric guitars go thru amp plugins, so much easier than trying to mic an amp (I have really nice amps collecting dust).

46 minutes ago, KSband said:

Thank a lot @Larry T.! I was using a Sterling Audio ribbon mic on my last couple recordings but I was having trouble getting a good sax sound on this so I went back to my Audiotechnica 4033, had it for years, it's a great sounding condenser mic.  The nylon guitar is straight into the Focusrite , no mic, same for bass and electrics if I use them.  The bass and any electric guitars go thru amp plugins, so much easier than trying to mic an amp (I have really nice amps collecting dust).

Thanks! A year ago I bought a low price Shure PGA58 cardioid dynamic and didn't really know how good or bad it was recording acoustic and electric guitars and harmonica. I decided to try an old Audiotechnica AT801 omni directional condenser mic I bought around 1975 and immediately heard a vast improvement in clarity and tones. And the AT801 was only around $100 ( I guess that would be about $500 today??). Once I heard the difference I realized how important it is to use the best mics I can get 🎶🎶🎶🎶

Edited by Larry T.