SONAR Mastering Compressor

I'm rebuilding my DAW (new PC), and I'm trying to find the fancy mastering-type compressor that only came with SONAR and IIRC apparently is no longer downloadable or available at any price. I had it on my old system (which is now shut down) but I can't remember the name of the plugin. I recall vaguely what the GUI looked like, but if I had a name I might be able to spot it somewhere and add it to the new system.

Sorry, I know this is a dumb question, but, anybody?

Edited by Larry Jones

Are you thinking of the L-Phase plug-ins

They were bundled with Platinum and sold separately.

They replaced the old LP series which were removed from the Platinum Engineering FX Suite when the L-Phase plug-ins were introduced.

Although they were originally included in the Engineering FX Suite installer before getting their own CCC-aware installers.

Both the L-Phase Equalizer and Multiband should be individually listed in the Command Center. 

Adaptive Limiter! That's the one! I love that thing. Maybe I can get it by reinstalling SONAR Platinum (never liked calling it "Splat")

Thank you, Tim!

@scook I knew it wasn't the LP plugins, because I have those, and they're not what I remember. Thanks for the thought.

• Like 1

The Adaptive Limiter was exclusive to SONAR Professional/Platinum.

Like the L-Phase plug-ins the Adaptive Limiter was added to the Platinum Engineering FX Suite (I am not sure how it was delivered with Professional).

Unlike the L-Phase plug-ins, Adaptive Limiter stayed in the Engineering FX Suite installer. It was never sold separately.

Most of the Platinum installers look in the registry for indications that Platinum was installed.

This means either hacking the registry or installing the DAW at least while installing the supporting packages.

Keep in mind, any time an older Cakewalk DAW is installed, it is important to re-install the current version of CbB so that the most recent shared files are available.

• Great Idea 1

5 hours ago, scook said:

Keep in mind, any time an older Cakewalk DAW is installed, it is important to re-install the current version of CbB so that the most recent shared files are available.

I had a marathon reinstallation party yesterday, and I tried not to install things I haven't used for ten years. I guess I left out something I actually wanted. I had been installing from old downloaded setup files on a backup drive, but I went to the Command Center today and reinstalled Platinum from there. To my surprise, this gave me no options regarding what I wanted to install and where, so I ended up with the entire package. Not what I wanted, but at least I now have that precious Adaptive Limiter. Do I need to reinstall CbB?

CbB must be the last DAW installed.

If it is not the last DAW installed there is a very good chance some of the software installed such as plug-in manager,  VST scanner, PC modules may be from an older DAW and may cause problems.