Plugin Boutique's March Freebie - CUBE Mini + Rumble Expansion

Wibbles

Well... this Klang Kontakt instrument for 6.05€
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1-Instruments/55-Kontakt-Instrument/7228-GUITARS-Solar-Cycle

Or some of these Ableton Instruments for the same price

https://www.pluginboutique.com/meta_product/1-Instruments/64-Virtual-Instrument/6834-KLANG-for-Ableton-Live

Are not a bad idea to get CUBE Mini + Runble Expansion free too...

44 minutes ago, locrian said:

Does anyone know where the installer puts the factory sound library?

When I launch Cube Mini in Cubase it puts up a dialog box asking for the factory library location and I can't click past it.

https://lunacy.audio/support/

These are the details for Cube. Hopefully they'll be similar for Cube Mini

Mac

VST2: /Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST VST3: /Library/Audio/Plug-ins/

VST3 AU: /Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components

AAX: /Library/Application Support/Avid/Plug-Ins

Standalone: /Applications/Lunacy Audio

Presets and Settings: ~/Library/Application Support/Lunacy Audio/CUBE

Samples: /Lunacy Audio/CUBE/Samples

Windows

VST2: C:\Program Files\VSTPlugIns

VST3: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

AAX: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins

Standalone: C:\Program Files\Lunacy Audio\CUBE

Presets and Settings: {USER}\AppData\Roaming\Lunacy Audio\CUBE

Samples: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lunacy Audio\CUBE\Samples

Edited by Wibbles
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

Okay, with my new system build, I guess it's time to pull the trigger on Chromaphone at $79. I think that's an all-time low for a non-upgrade price. 2 synths for the price of one.

Yeah, just do it. You won't be sorry! ;)

• Like 1

I was looking for a comparison of Audio Lunacy's Cube Mini and Cube and found this. Thought others might be interested in the comparison:

Cube Mini . . . gives you complete control of each sound layer – allowing you to edit sample start, arpeggiator, ADSR, etc. So, what are the main differences between Cube and Cube Mini?

First off, while Cube contains 500+ presets across 108 sound sources, Cube Mini comes with 120 presets across 35 sound sources. Additionally, Cube gives you additional modulation options, the ability to drag and drop your own audio files for sound creation, and the ability to customize the Orbit engine via presets or through your own imagination. Are these differences worth an upgrade to the full version of Cube? Well, that’s a decision each user will have to make for themselves, but regardless of whether you invest in Cube or Cube Mini, rest assured that you are getting an instrument that is worth the price tag.

[from this review article, which also has some videos]

They look interesting. 

Edited by User 905133
to add a link to the source of the comparison quote
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, locrian said:

Thanks for the reply!

I don't have the folder shown in purple.  At least now I know what the problem is.  Cheers...

I installed the Cube Mini samples on my D drive.

"D:\CUBE Samples\Lunacy Audio\CUBE\Samples".

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, abacab said:

I installed the Cube Mini samples on my D drive.

"D:\CUBE Samples\Lunacy Audio\CUBE\Samples".

Just curious, did you use a special Cube Mini installer, or the full version (CUBE Full Installer v1.4.0)?

A bunch of dependable regulars very favorable opinions on Cube led to me picking this up for ten bucks a few months ago. I like it, but I didn't pull the trigger on their upgrade offer shortly after my purchase (maybe I will in the future). I was thinking of buying something in order to pick up the Rumble expansion pack. In case anyone wants to hear what the presets in the Rumble expansion sound like, here's a YouTube video going through them: 

• Like 1

This is also a cheap way of adding Rumble to the full version of Cube (which I own), thanks @Wibbles

If anyone with the full version of Cube wants to do the same, follow these steps:

1. Get the Rumble serial from your Pluginboutique account.

2. Login to Lunacy audio and go here -->https://lunacy.audio/downloads/   then scroll down and enter the serial for Rumble into the "Register License" box

3. You can now download Rumble and unzip it.

4. Open Cube and go to the browser, then click the  Add Expansion button bottom left.

5. Point it to where you unzipped the expansion and then enter the serial at the prompt.

Done!

BTW I bought Glitchmachines Cryogen for £5 to get the deal.

P.S.

PM me if you want to swap something for my unregistered copy of Cube Mini. I'm looking for an unregistered serial for UVI Model D.

Edited by ZincT
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

43 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Good question.  I hope someone who has the Mini version can test that and report back.

Not with the Mini version. I was curious because there is a "User Audio" sub-folder in the main samples folder.

Cube - user audio.PNG

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/1/2023 at 10:35 AM, Wibbles said:

Has Larry already posted this?

Haha! That's the question I ask myself every single time I contemplate posting a deal here! I'll scan the first two pages and do a search and still wonder if Larry already posted it and I just didn't catch it! In fact, when I do post a deal and Larry likes it, it feels like some kind of award! 

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1