Understand

Johnbee58

3 hours ago, mark skinner said:

When I heard this song I searched thru 12 pages to hear more from you.  Just Saying ....    Now ,   I have a friend who sings his heart out when trying out a new song in a live venue .  Put him in a sterile studio with the same song and he can't sing. He isn't dynamic and his vocal range just leaves. I think he worries to much about popping the mic , etc..   Put some mood lighting on him , give him a full length mirror, and the difference is night and day.  Vocal range is even better and not as pitchy. I do  have to melodyne some but he and anyone else hearing it is impressed.  He felt really shy doing this at first but got over it.     I know this is a "F....d" up suggestion !   nothing to lose by trying it ...                           mark

Thanks, Mark 😀

Question though.  How did you access 12 more pages of my stuff?  I took everything down a few weeks ago.  Not that I mind if you did find it somewhere and I hope you enjoyed it if you did, but I wasn't aware of anything else out there.  I plan to re post some of it soon.

What you said about your friend I can identify with.  Many times I have the same problem.  I can rehearse a line and have it sound great 10 or 20 times.  But then, when I think I'm all ready to go, I hit the record button and it all falls apart!.  It must be psychological, but what I don't get is I'm not under stress like I would be in a pro studio situation (Time is $$$$$$.  I'd really be a mess there😮).  It's my home studio and I have all the time in the world.  I also take notice about myself that I close my eyes TIGHT when I'm recording a vocal, and it's a habit, so that indicates stress.  I try to relax, but I can't.  It's weird.

😀JB

JB ,    I searched thru 12 pages , in the songs section on this forum "without" finding anything. I then went to band camp and looked there , again with no luck.  The point was , that I was impressed enough that I wanted to hear what other directions you were taking with your music...    Thanks      mark

37 minutes ago, daryl1968 said:

Have you taken this one down John? I went to listen and got Gingers Song. 

So very sorry.  I added Ginger's Song and forgot to change the old link.  It's fixed now.  Thanks!  Hope you'll revisit

😀JB

4 hours ago, mark skinner said:

JB ,    I searched thru 12 pages , in the songs section on this forum "without" finding anything. I then went to band camp and looked there , again with no luck.  The point was , that I was impressed enough that I wanted to hear what other directions you were taking with your music...    Thanks      mark

Thanks again Mark.  In my frustration that caused this song to be written, I deleted 10 years of songs from my Soundclick.  90 songs just in a fit of frustration.  I regret it because some of them I'll never get back again, but that's my bad.  I'm going to re post what I can but it will take awhile.  I regret doing that for more than one reason.

🙂JB

Hey, Folks!😀

Just wanted to thank all who listened and commented.  If I could please ask for one request to those who may listen and post further.  Could you please comment only on the song and try to ignore the subject matter.  I know it's difficult because the content jumps right out and grabs you, but please know that I'm past those feelings now.  I've redone my attitudes on everything relating to my music, how I produce it and how others feel about it.  I'm OK there and if you want to you can flame it to death and I promise I won't give you any flack about anything you say.  But I would really like your thoughts (whatever they may be) on the production and mix and try to ignore the negative aspects I'm voicing in the tune.  I'm still proud of it.  I was thinking about re writing the words but I think I'll keep them as they are because they reflect a dark moment of time in my life and the beautiful thing about music is the self expression aspect. 

Thanks so much

😀JB