Here' s some real elevator music for y'all

Rik

Hi y'all, long time no see, lurking sometimes for old time sake.  I used to be a half decent guitar player, posted quite a bit on the old forum. After coming to terms with my disabilities , started to noodle again over a backing I heard our resident jazz guitar guru Kenny ply some bop lines over. My version is way worse ;).

Anyway, have a listen if you like :

• Like 1

Hey Rik.  Glad to see you participating on the new forum.  You betray yourself when you say that this song is "worse".  I think that you have done a terrific job on this cheery jazz number.  I enjoyed listening and thank for posting.

Rik,

Great to hear some new music from you and this track sounds fantastic.    One of the things I really like about your playing is your timing and groove are always impeccable.   Many guitarists struggle with timing.     You hit all the right notes and keep it flowing smoothly all the time..   Great stuff and look forward to hearing more.....

Regards

Hi Rik ,

I like what you did :) Your version is a good listen 

You had nice octaves going during the songs opening phrases .. I enjoyed  the  space and breathing room you left open as the song played .

Yeah , nice use of electric Gypsy type of scales and sounds , Sounds good man .

all the best,

Kenny

Hey K enny, thanks for listening, and the nice comments, so glad you noticed the octaves, with my dissabilities it’s like wringing blood from a stone to get everything in sync ; )