Botdog Samples - Frog Guiros $5 (money goes to charity)

TheSteven

https://www.botdogsamples.com/shop/frog-guiros/

Creators text:
This time around we are *selling* the frogs for $5. I'm not calling it a donation because we're making it mandatory. However, 100% of every $5 we get will go to Education Through Music: Los Angeles.

ETM:LA partners with inner-city schools in Los Angeles to provide music education and instruments to all children, and also uses music education to improve academics, motivation, and self-confidence. OK, that's a bit of a copy-and-paste job but I've seen it in action and they are really good. Jdog and I went to a classroom in South LA and handed out some frogs and got to talk to the kids about writing music, it was very cool. It makes such a difference with some of these kids, just little things like not having to share a communal mouthpiece (much less an instrument), things we take for granted.

If you're the type that is suspicious of our charitable intent, don't buy it! Trust me on this much, we have spent WAY too much time and money on this project to try to scam you out of your 5 bucks at this point. Though I'm happy to be audited, or, if you'd rather, donate direct to ETM and email us your receipt.

My real hope is that through our silly video we can raise awareness for ETM:LA even if we don't end up raising that much actual dollars.

Special thanks to @Farkle and @Mike Greene and the other composers that agreed to play the frogs in our video. And much thanks to @Jdiggity1 who spent many many, many, many, hours on this project, and then some.

Edited by TheSteven
because link was dead... dunno why but it was...

About

The “Frog Guiro” is a wooden percussion instrument native to Thailand, popular with children and percussion students for its uncanny ability to croak like a live frog. They work great in Latin music too!

There are varying sizes of frog guiros, ranging from as little as 2 inches in length, up to 7 inches and beyond!

frog-lineup.jpg

Contents

THREE different sized frog guiros were sampled, each played with their own matched wooden stick. There are 2 microphone options available, and each frog was sampled “muted” in addition to the normal playing style, to offer variety.

Articulations include:

STROKES

Full Strokes – 2 Speeds / forwards and backwards

Half Strokes – 2 Speeds / forwards and backwards

Brush Strokes – forwards and backwards

Tremolo / Rolls – Up to 2 speeds

HITS

Front

Side

Tail

Not all articulations are available for each frog, as the different sizes could not accommodate the same playing techniques. All three frogs are playable from within the one patch, with individual mic level control, panning, and playing style switching.