W.A. Production CHORDS PRO + NOTES Sale

cclarry

12 minutes ago, Brian Lawler said:

Thanks Brian.

Logged in to WAProd and the upgrade from Chords PRO + Notes to Loop Engine is only £12.54 (+VAT). Sold! 

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ZincT said:

Thanks Brian.

Logged in to WAProd and the upgrade from Chords PRO + Notes to Loop Engine is only £12.54 (+VAT). Sold! 

I am curious what you think of it after you spent some time with it @ZincT  I am a major sucker for MIDI tools, I have Chords, but Chords+Notes just didn't get my attention when I tried it during the Xmas sales.  WA mentions releasing add-ons in the future- kind of the direction Mixed-In-Key and Feel Your Sound seem to be going lately.

• Like 1

Phoenix, the best sounding natural algo reverb I ever heard! Nimbus, just like Phoenix but with modulation on the tails! Stratus! Same algo, now with prettier GUI!

Repeat for R2, R4, and Symphony.

And AFAIK, there was never an upgrade discount, at least not from iZotope.

I understand that people gotta make money, but for one-seat licenses that require an iLok 2 (if you're going to dongle them), this seemed....not very nice.

iZotope's recent nuking of Phoenix, Nimbus, R2 and R4 was unpopular in some quarters, but really, it was overdue housekeeping.

The upside was that in the years before the nuking, you could get licenses for $10 during sales. A freaking steal for the quality of these 'verbs.

10 minutes ago, Brian Lawler said:

WA mentions releasing add-ons in the future

They do this with Instachord, don't they?

I bought Instachord years ago and it never clicked with me. It put me off from these MIDI compositional tools, which is probably unfair.

I guess I should try demos of Chords Pro and Loop Engine. Is Chords Pro a subset of Loop Engine or do they have different purposes?

(edit) Found it:

https://waproduction.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/7944668407068

Edited by Starship Krupa
  • Like 1

It looks like Loop Engine may even provide a solution/workaround to Cakewalk's inability to route MIDI to multiple synths:

Loop Engine Listener 

Routing MIDI out of the primary plugin and into additional tracks is the special sauce behind Loop Engine. This is achieved with an additional secondary plugin; Loop Engine Listener. Loop Engine outputs up to 8 independent MIDI voices that you can route to Loop Engine Listener, loaded onto instrument tracks in your DAW. Choose which voices supply which tracks, and easily swap them with just a couple of clicks.

I see that one of the reviews is from @Lemar Sain; Lemar, what about these tools?

Another related plugin y'all might want to consider is Connector by Blue Cat Audio. This is one sophisticated plugin for connecting audio and MIDI in app, between apps and between computers on the same network. Check out this short video narrated by Eli Krantzberg. A whole lot of functionality for $49/49 €.

Blue Cat Audio's Connector

Edited by John Maar
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Brian Lawler said:

I am curious what you think of it after you spent some time with it @ZincT  I am a major sucker for MIDI tools, I have Chords, but Chords+Notes just didn't get my attention when I tried it during the Xmas sales.  WA mentions releasing add-ons in the future- kind of the direction Mixed-In-Key and Feel Your Sound seem to be going lately.

UPDATE (ignore what I said earlier if you happen to have read that @Fleer😉

I got it working in Cakewalk - I misread what the PDF manual said, so my fault.

Anyway, all you do is load LoopEngine once and then load as many Listeners as you have tracks with separate MIDI.

Then you set each listener to a different channel by clicking on the relevant button in the plugin.

Then you load up your instruments (I tried Minimonsta2 and Twin 3 this time) and change their input to be from whichever Listener you want to drive that instrument. Pretty easy.

I will also try it on other DAWs and post here if there are any problems.

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1