[SOLVED] Missing Plug-ins (old Kontakt version)

Rogério

I have an old Sonar project which has many Kontakt instances. I don't remember which Kontakt version was in this old project.

I have currently a new Kontakt 6.1.1 installed. 

When opening this project, I get this:

gFuUPKa.png

Each Synth Rack link above is a Kontakt instance.

I tried to install an older Kontakt version but nothing changes.

What can I do?

The problem with Native Instruments is that each major update is a different VST, so you have to keep all versions on your system for compatibility with "old"
projects (which may just be a few weeks old if a new major NI release has been installed).  Keep re-installing previous versions of Kontakt until you find the one you used.

1 hour ago, smoddelm said:

Actually, I think Projectscope will tell you what version is used in your project.  See the link here in the old forum...

http://forum.cakewalk.com/ProjectScope-helps-find-CWPs-and-keeps-them-organized-updated-to-Producer-Edition-m3218609.aspx?high=projectscope

Thanks for the tips, but unfortunately this app is not showing the plugin's version, only the names:

UcxtisB.png

Do you know how to show the plugin version? 

I don't think Kontakt versioning issues in Cakewalk occur with inter-release versions of Kontakt, only when going from any flavor of Kontakt 5, to Kontakt 6.

When I installed Kontakt 6, it also did not get rid of my Kontakt 5 modules, so I am not sure why yours would not be there anymore.  In any case, I would think if you install any Kontakt 5 version, it should fix the issues.

Your project date in your screen shot of the Project Scope would be consistent with some flavor of Kontakt 5 - 2018.

Bob Bone

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, smoddelm said:

Actually, I think Projectscope will tell you what version is used in your project.  See the link here in the old forum...

http://forum.cakewalk.com/ProjectScope-helps-find-CWPs-and-keeps-them-organized-updated-to-Producer-Edition-m3218609.aspx?high=projectscope

The problem with Native Instruments is that each major update is a different VST, so you have to keep all versions on your system for compatibility with "old"
projects (which may just be a few weeks old if a new major NI release has been installed).  Keep re-installing previous versions of Kontakt until you find the one you used.

I think it is an issue with a Kontakt version upgrade, rather than an inter-release update - I suspect this is what you meant when you referred to "major update".  If so, yes, changing from Kontakt 5 to Kontakt 6 would be a completely different VST to Cakewalk.

Bob Bone

When I run it, I can see which version of Kontakt, and Kontakt shows up as "Kontakt," not "K -" as in the one you show.  For example, here's one that shows I used Kontakt 5.

Projectscope.jpg

Now I understand, this app doesn't show the plugin´s version, but just the name it has in the Synth Rack when created.

As I renamed all my Kontakt instances in Synth Rack, it's showing just these names.

• Rogério changed the title to [SOLVED] Missing Plug-ins (old Kontakt version)

YAY!  I was wondering why your Kontakt 5 went away, by the way, as the installation of Kontakt 6 would not disturb your previous Kontakt 5 install.  

I would like to add that I wish they would have given Kontakt 6 the actual name Kontakt 6, instead of just Kontakt.  (minor annoyance to my personal sense of versioning, and not an actual problem).

VERY happy you are back to being able to access your Kontakt 5 instances now.

Bob Bone

• Like 1