GForce: NEW! The Minimonsta2 - Upgrade available now ( £25 upgrade otherwise £49.99 EX. VAT instead of £99.99)

MusicMan

I think I may be about ready to pull the trigger on Minimonsta 2. But not because it is a "better" authentic reproduction of the original Minimoog.

But because it sounds great as a new synth! Gforce did a great job with version 2. It seems to be an "extended" version of the Minimoog, that offers many features that the original did not have.

When I originally compared the Minimonsta v1 against the other leading Mini replicas, I settled on Cherry Audio MIniverse, because for the cost it was a very good emulation of the original, that added polyphony, as well as a fully scalable UI. I also have the Arturia Mini V, which seems to be far behind most other Mini emulations, especially regarding the filter. I tried replicating Cherry Audio Miniverse presets with the Minimonsta v2, and they all sounded very similar. But the "extended" factory sounds in Minimonsta v2 are beyond the original. Good stuff!

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

You will have fun , the preset are exellent (be sure to check V1 witch are still solid ) , not those mordern wannabed stuff ...

And the ability to create good sound is where you gonna have fun 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bad Penguin said:

Does anyone know if it is possible to assign the virtual knobs on the vst to the 16 physical knobs on the Arturia Mini-Lab? Some sort of template that can be loaded somehow? 🤔

Don't have that particular Arturia keyboard, but on my KeyLab MkII it's pre-mapped in their instruments to the select macro controls in their soft synth GUI, such as in Analog Lab.

But with any third party VST it's necessary to use whatever MIDI learn capability is built into the plugin to map the controls, as each physical knob sends a unique CC#, but that assignment needs to be known by the instrument. That's a manual setup, but the Arturia is a capable controller once the MIDI CC assignments are made.

From the MiniMonsta2 manual: https://gforcesoftware.notion.site/Global-Controls-986571e6857448729b20c6dadf9777be

MIDI CC Button

This activates the MIDI CC view revealing where you assign MIDI controller numbers to Minimonsta2 parameters
in order to control them from physical knobs or sliders on an external hardware controller.

Once this mode is activated you can simply click on the parameter you wish to control, and move the physical
knob or slider with which you wish to control it. The assignment is ‘learned’ and that knob or slider will now
control the movement of that Minimonsta2 parameter.

To remove an assignment, simply double-click on the number assigned to that parameter.
When all assignments are made, turn off the MIDI Button.

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bad Penguin said:

Enjoying this purchase!

Does anyone know if it is possible to assign the virtual knobs on the vst to the 16 physical knobs on the Arturia Mini-Lab? Some sort of template that can be loaded somehow? 🤔

You should be able to create a user template in Arturia's MIDI control centre software and recall it as required. I have not done it for Minimonsta 2 but I have for other virtual instruments.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Vernon Barnes said:

You should be able to create a user template in Arturia's MIDI control centre software and recall it as required. I have not done it for Minimonsta 2 but I have for other virtual instruments.

You would still need to MIDI learn each individual keyboard CC control from the synthesizer end, right? Otherwise, how could it know what your template was sending?

It is my understanding that you can use the Arturia MIDI Control Center to customize your keyboard to send what you wish, but this synth has zero pre-mapped CC controls that I can see. In other words, it's default is a blank slate...

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, abacab said:

You would still need to MIDI learn each individual keyboard CC control from the synthesizer end, right? Otherwise, how could it know what your template was sending?

It is my understanding that you can use the Arturia MIDI Control Center to customize your keyboard to send what you wish, but this synth has zero pre-mapped CC controls that I can see. In other words, it's default is a blank slate...

You are correct, The VSTs I had made maps for, like IKs Hammond, have the assigned CC with in the VST. Unfortunately  this does not appear to be the case with GForce.

Just to the right of the window displaying the patch name there is a button labelled CC.  With this enabled do the MIDI learn. The assigned CCs for each knob then persist when the application is restarted or the patch is changed. With this done a template could be made, but for basic purposes it may not be necessary.

Edited by Vernon Barnes
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/1/2023 at 3:37 PM, Zo said:

Here's a patch where i take advantage of the macros , didn't covered macros o,n the video , mistake i made here this will give a whole other dimension ....

Feel free to tweak and repost , i'm not 100 % confident on the morphing to a brass thing ....

Dreamer.xml 32.59 kB · 4 downloads

We should just paste the file into the User patches dir in documents folder right ? I ask this because that is what I did but I can't get Minimonsta 2 to show the patch in the user section of the presets browser, both standalone version as well as VST. I am not sure to understand what the problem actually may be. A bug maybe ?

Oh, and thank you very much for sharing the patch and the youtube video.

3 minutes ago, Jeslan said:

We should just paste the file into the User patches dir in documents folder right ? I ask this because that is what I did but I can't get Minimonsta 2 to show the patch in the user section of the presets browser, both standalone version as well as VST. I am not sure to understand what the problem actually may be. A bug maybe ?

Oh, and thank you very much for sharing the patch and the youtube video.

open browser and see the folders (click on the folder icon on left )

image.thumb.png.bdeb1236a6a69cd6052ebdfc56cb9be0.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zo said:

open browser and see the folders (click on the folder icon on left )

image.thumb.png.bdeb1236a6a69cd6052ebdfc56cb9be0.png

Oh, didn't notice there was a folder icon to show and change them. Sadly the "User Directory" was exactly where I downloaded the preset. What is weird is that if I right-click the folder and choose "No. files" it literally tells me there is 1 compatible file:

815864704_Pastedimage20230320225247.png.926d37f06460dbac2223af81378c8e61.png

But in the preset browser it doesn't show anything:

1796532956_Pastedimage20230320225319.thumb.png.2565eca0c7b84d4fd148b6366269c2e8.png

I really don't understand what is going on.

Just now, Jeslan said:

Oh, didn't notice there was a folder icon to show and change them. Sadly the "User Directory" was exactly where I downloaded the preset. What is weird is that if I right-click the folder and choose "No. files" it literally tells me there is 1 compatible file:

815864704_Pastedimage20230320225247.png.926d37f06460dbac2223af81378c8e61.png

But in the preset browser it doesn't show anything:

1796532956_Pastedimage20230320225319.thumb.png.2565eca0c7b84d4fd148b6366269c2e8.png

I really don't understand what is going on.

Ok i check and same fro me ckick on all and you will see it , i might have mess up tags lol or some 

Yeah, right just before your reply I discovered exactly that, that for some reason it actually shows if you search for it in the "All" section. For some strange reason It just shows nothing on the "User" section, which is weird and I guess it must be a bug, because it is quite important to be able to have the user presets being shown all at once separated from the factory ones.

Anyway, thank you very much for your replies and help, and sorry for the inconvenience.

2 minutes ago, Jeslan said:

Yeah, right just before your reply I discovered exactly that, that for some reason it actually shows if you search for it in the "All" section. For some strange reason It just shows nothing on the "User" section, which is weird and I guess it must be a bug, because it is quite important to be able to have the user presets being shown all at once separated from the factory ones.

Anyway, thank you very much for your replies and help, and sorry for the inconvenience.

No probleme Jeslan , i usually use Studio one for my patches since my atom can do program changes it's more convenient for me that buil in stuff jusually , also my S1 files are on my second SSD so no matter waht i do (reformate ect ..) when i install new install it's up there ...