GForce: NEW! The Minimonsta2 - Upgrade available now ( £25 upgrade otherwise £49.99 EX. VAT instead of £99.99)

MusicMan

NEW! The Minimonsta2 - Upgrade available now

MINIMONSTA2 - BOLDLY GOING WHERE NO MINI HAS GONE BEFORE
When we first released it, the original Minimonsta gained heavy praise from fans and critics alike for providing an extraordinarily accurate sonic replication of the legendary Model D®. But it went much further, augmenting the simplicity of the original design with a host of new features that allowed the deeply familiar tones to be pushed into previously unexplored sonic realms.

Minimonsta2 retains the fundamental architecture at the heart of its predecessor, but builds on this in ways that extend its sonic and musical capabilities into a uniquely deep & musical instrument and sets it apart from other Mini.

[New] Fully-scalable UI
[New] Powerful Preset Browser
[New] Over 800 presets including 300+ new presets
[New] Alternative bass-preserving ladder filter
[New] Alternative 4-stage envelopes
[New] Matrix Reverb effect
[New] Vintage knob for authentic analog imperfections
[New] Four programmable Macros for easy manipulation of sounds
[New] Programmable Aftertouch and expanded Velocity controls for extra playability

https://www.gforcesoftware.com/products/minimonsta2/

Edited by MusicMan
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

wanted to make a quik review  : results is more than 1h vid .... meaning 3 hours edition minimum .... boy i don't promise i will make it lol but 

anyway superb release

makes me allmost regreting getting UHE repro , since it was exactly what i wanted a poly moog .....

• Like 4

Tried the demo and this thing sounds wonderful. The cryptic message saying u can only use alpha presets in the demo means only the presets with the Greek alpha symbol next to the preset's star work. There must be a lot of interest cuz their site is getting slammed.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Spice3d said:

Tried the demo and this thing sounds wonderful. The cryptic message saying u can only use alpha presets in the demo means only the presets with the Greek alpha symbol next to the preset's star work. There must be a lot of interest cuz their site is getting slammed.

They gave version 1 away last year as a Sound Collective freebie, so that's a lot of prospective upgraders. Including me 😊

• Like 2

I can upgrade for £25. According to gearnews I can do that 'till the end of March which is convenient.

I'm sure the sound is the best reason to buy but the added features alone (like the polyphony, ADSR envelopes, the LFOs and the 'corrected' filter resonance) justify the purchase IMO. Many limitations of the minimoog were motivated by cost cutting and don't make any sense in a software emulation.

Gforce is to be commended for letting users to decide what's best for them in that regard.

12 minutes ago, abacab said:

I tried the version 1 demo, and then opted for the Cherry Audio Miniverse instead.

Did you compare Miniverse against anything more recent than version 1? That thing is showing its age. I can't say I ever felt inclined to use it after picking it up for free, but the V2 demo seems pretty capable. 

Just wondering if you had any thoughts about the Cherry Miniverse vs Softube Model 72, Synapse The Legend, or the UAD Minimoog perhaps? I haven't demoed the Miniverse yet. 

• Like 1

here we go  :

In this video , you literally live my first contact with this bad boy , as a owner and user of the first version , i loved it and and stop using it because of the GUI being to small for my old eyes lol 
I really wanted to share with you why i consider this the ultimate moog , so it has this moog ability to be simple , direct , raw , primitif and at the same time , thks to Gforce goodies , able to go in complex territory , still maintaining a surpising level of simplicy ....

00:00:00 Intro & Plugin Tour
00:04:38 Extend Panel
00:10:05 First custom patch : BASS
00:18:04 Vintage knob
00:19:45 Second Patch : KEYZ
00:23:22 Create a Chorus with the delay
00:27:12 Third Patch : PAD (with aftertouch )
00:32:33 Presets Tour : BASS
00:34:22 : KEYZ
00:38:51 : PADS
00:44:37 : LEADS
00:49:52 SEQUENCES
00:51:21 TEXTURES
00:53:33 KICK
00:56:35 CONCLUSION

Thks for watching .

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Per Christian Frankplads said:

I own v1 (got it for free probably through SoundCollective), but even when logged in, I get £49.99 as a price.

On the other hand I have never used it, and I own Cherry Audio Miniverse.

So even if I get v2 for £25, I'm not sure I'd spend the money at this time...

add to cart, price will change to £25+VAT so £30

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dee said:

add to cart, price will change to £25+VAT so £30

This doesn't work for NFR or 2nd hand licences. I imagine the freebie ones are NFR. You need to message support and they'll provide a discount code.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jan Schmitz said:

This doesn't work for NFR or 2nd hand licences. I imagine the freebie ones are NFR. You need to message support and they'll provide a discount code.

Upgrade does work for license I got with SoundCollective

image.thumb.png.b8db8fd13a83467deef6bcdf1606a6db.png

Edited by Leok85
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Here's a patch where i take advantage of the macros , didn't covered macros o,n the video , mistake i made here this will give a whole other dimension ....

Feel free to tweak and repost , i'm not 100 % confident on the morphing to a brass thing ....

Dreamer.xml

• Thanks 3

I have more Mini Moog emulations than I can shake a stick at but Minimonsta has long been my favourite so I had to bite on this one and upgrade

Boy, is their website slow at the moment, not helped by a forgotten login and the need to reset the password it was over half an hour to complete the purchase.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vernon Barnes said:

I have more Mini Moog emulations than I can shake a stick at but Minimonsta has long been my favourite so I had to bite on this one and upgrade

Boy, is their website slow at the moment, not helped by a forgotten login and the need to reset the password it was over half an hour to complete the purchase.

There was an apology email from the team member at GForce who looks after the website. He mentioned an issue with a database loop. I've worked on projects where this kind of issue has brought websites to a halt during intense purchasing periods, so I have felt their pain. 

Sometimes it's not easy to rearchitect the code when the issue involves database calls made through an underlying framework library that simplifies things for the developer at the expense of obfuscating how the database is being queried.  It's especially not easy when you're trying to allow buyers to complete their purchases simultaneously while you try to investigate and fix the issue(s).