Thanks But No Thanks

Larry T.

Hi All. Here's the latest creation. Called "Thanks But No Thanks", any comments appreciated 🎶🎶🎶🎶

link: https://larryterrano.bandcamp.com/track/thanks-but-no-thanks

thanksbutnothanks1 480x269.jpg

DAW: Cakewalk by Bandlab

pc: windows 10, i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40 GHz, 8GB ram, acoustic and electric guitars, harmonica, focusrite scarlett solo, arturia minilab mkII, arturia analog lab 5 lite, CbB effects

reference speakers: M-Audio BX3

Edited by Larry T.
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, Larry T. said:

Hi All. Here's the latest creation. Called "Thanks But No Thanks", any comments appreciated 🎶🎶🎶🎶

link: https://larryterrano.bandcamp.com/track/thanks-but-no-thanks

thanksbutnothanks1 480x269.jpg

DAW: Cakewalk by Bandlab

pc: windows 10, i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40 GHz, 8GB ram, acoustic and electric guitars, harmonica, focusrite scarlett solo, arturia minilab mkII, arturia analog lab 5 lite, CbB effects

reference speakers: M-Audio BX3

I liked the beginning Larry and kept me engaged throughout... nice guitars, jazzy beats and the pad synth plays its part well in the space... 

Good one overall 👍

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ramscapri said:

I liked the beginning Larry and kept me engaged throughout... nice guitars, jazzy beats and the pad synth plays its part well in the space... 

Good one overall 👍

Thanks. Appreciate the kind words and for listen 🎶🎶🎶🎶 

7 hours ago, AndyB01 said:

Sweet guitar tones and great use of silence (something that is definitely underrated). Really nice composition, I enjoyed the listen.

Andy

Thanks Andy. Agree with you 100% about silence in music 🎶🎶🎶🎶

6 hours ago, jeffdrawscomics said:

I love the clean guitar tone and the harmonica.  (Is the harmonica a vst, or is it recorded?)

Thanks jeff. The harmonica was played live by me on a single track, which I then auxiliary tracked and then EQ'ed both tracks and panned each  to create as clear and wide a sound for as I thought was needed 🎶🎶🎶🎶

Tasty guitar work, Larry.  And all the other elements, though seemingly sparse, were well thought out and really spiced it up nicely.  Like oregano, you don't want to add too much and drown out the taste of that lovely guitar work. The pauses added a little tension suspense too. Well done! 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Grem said:

Nice listen. As others have said nice clean guitar tone. Harmonica came a pleasant surprise! Was not expecting that.

All in all we'll done. We'll written too.

Was that real drums?

Thanks Grem. The drums are an SI Drum loop in CbB. I loaded it in and then edited the MIDI notes in Piano Roll so it would fit the song 🎶🎶🎶🎶

Edited by Larry T.
clarity.

On 3/4/2023 at 5:41 AM, Bajan Blue said:

Very nice Guitar tone Larry - very enjoyable - a great listen

Nigel

Thanks Nigel!! 🎶🎶🎶🎶

11 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Listened and enjoyed.

👍

t

Thanks tom!!🎶🎶🎶🎶

• Like 1

On 3/1/2023 at 12:16 PM, FreeEarCandy said:

Tasty guitar work, Larry.  And all the other elements, though seemingly sparse, were well thought out and really spiced it up nicely.  Like oregano, you don't want to add too much and drown out the taste of that lovely guitar work. The pauses added a little tension suspense too. Well done! 

Thanks!! 🎶🎶🎶🎶

• Like 1

On 3/10/2023 at 12:08 PM, bjornpdx said:

Real nice laid back feel to this.
Good choice of chord changes.
This might be the best I've heard from you  Larry.
-Bjorn

Thanks Bjorn. Appreciate the kind comments. I think that I've finally developed my listening on how to hear and kind of what to do to create a semi-decent mix. They aren't professional quality like yours and a few of the other artists here, but they are better than the ones I did a year ago. Cheers🎶🎶🎶🎶

Edited by Larry T.