New Cherry Audio synth coming soon...

chris.r

It's a long wait until the 3rd of july. Let's just agree that the corrrect order of things is NOT smaller --> smallest --> small.

Anyway, I don't mind Cherry Audio. They have some nice products (not groundbvreaking, but nice), they are priced according to that and I use some of their synths as a preset template for the hardware versions I own (CA2600 and PS20).

• Haha 1

Youtube comment:
I don't know about the specific model, but I'm certain it will be a Roland based on the "41H" code in the video description. It's Roland's manufacturer ID in all their MIDI implementation docs. It could be the Jupiter 8 which was released the same year MTV debuted, but I suspect it will be either the Jupiter 6 or the JX-3P which Roland considers their first synths to implement MIDI (which ties in with that code).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nick Blanc said:

It's a long wait until the 3rd of july. Let's just agree that the corrrect order of things is NOT smaller --> smallest --> small.

Anyway, I don't mind Cherry Audio. They have some nice products (not groundbvreaking, but nice), they are priced according to that and I use some of their synths as a preset template for the hardware versions I own (CA2600 and PS20).

This is like the group's new PA without the vouchers.   These replace the abundance of EQs and compressors.

12 hours ago, Jan Schmitz said:

Wonder if they really stepped up their game and it'll be GX-80 quality or if they’re back to churning out their generic trash 3 to 4 times a year.

Which category do you think the Elka-X falls into--more like generic trash or more like GX-80 quality?

Personally, I have been enjoying it more than a couple of the other recent original instruments.

As for the GX-80, I think they went all out to assemble an amazing team of sound designers.  Do you think that helps make it a quality instrument?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zo said:

Just my 2 synth  , but since they done their modular thing , i just see different architecture presets with gui's .... not real modeling imho .... (based on raw oscillator and filters)

I'm sure that Cherry Audio leverages the common DSP code that they have already created, as it applies to solve a needed function (as do all developers).

But Dan Goldstein, their lead developer based in Las Vegas, also owns the largest hardware synth collection in Nevada. The team is able to study and compare each synth's operation in detail as they attempt to emulate it.  They painstakingly attempt to model the functions of the real deal, as much as possible. I think that they are improving their process with each iteration as they learn what works best.

I don't buy that Cherry Audio is just repackaging the same modules with a different GUI. That is just an unfounded claim that some internet critics use to justify the opinion that there's otherwise no way that Cherry Audio could release so many synth emulations in such a short time frame.

Here's an interview with Dan, regarding his synth collection and the recent release of the Cherry Audio Elka-X (Synthex).

Edited by abacab
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, abacab said:

Actually it's a wait for March 7. ;)

I know, but I'm not playing these American games 😜. It's always 7 freedomeagles per square hummer or something like that. Nothing relates, it's total chaos. Ok there's 12 inch in a foot. But there's 5280 feet in a mile. Which is not a multitude of 12. Why would you sandwich a day between a month and a year?!! "What's the date? Oh is january....." No you start with a number! And if someone is confused, thén you give them the month.

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, cimo said:

5280 / 12 = 440

That's how we got to the moon, baby! 

Oops, my bad. It apparantly is. Soooo, what is the significance of 440? Besides the band Apollo 440. Speaking of Apollo, the moon mission used a mixture. Its a miracle the thing got of the ground. 

image.thumb.png.eccc78dbb6a5b4a1e4d979dde61e7855.png

• Haha 3