Jump to content
S.L.I.P.

My Favorite Hummer

Recommended Posts

Where's that confounded bridge?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, craigb said:

 

These were my little hummers.  

Hey what did you have wrapped around those feeders, and why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the posts above ,it´s  obvious that some

of us ,including me, need a computer tutor :

 

image.png.eaa12a45fe84c40043ade3ef6c3bf92b.png

Edited by Pragi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Pragi said:

Looking at the posts above ,it´s  obvious that some

of us ,including me, need a computer tutor :

 

image.png.eaa12a45fe84c40043ade3ef6c3bf92b.png

Including her.  She's typing on a keyboard with nothing but a printer in front of her! 😆

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, emeraldsoul said:

Hey what did you have wrapped around those feeders, and why?

It was below freezing so wrapping bubble-wrap around them helps insulate them.  I also had these pouches I could Velcro to the bottoms that held hand-warmers.

I miss those little guys!  So much attitude in a little, flying hypodermic needle package. 🙂

They were so fearless that they would come right up while I was out there and even land on my finger.  I was right on the migration path and, based on a calculation of how much syrup they were going through daily, the math said I had between 910 and 1,100 birds in my local area!  They're not social birds, so the only time you'll ever see this many together is when they're hungry and you're the only one with warm feeders. 😁

 

Hummers-TwinFeeders.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, craigb said:

It was below freezing so wrapping bubble-wrap around them helps insulate them.  I also had these pouches I could Velcro to the bottoms that held hand-warmers.

I miss those little guys!  So much attitude in a little, flying hypodermic needle package. 🙂

They were so fearless that they would come right up while I was out there and even land on my finger.  I was right on the migration path and, based on a calculation of how much syrup they were going through daily, the math said I had between 910 and 1,100 birds in my local area!  They're not social birds, so the only time you'll ever see this many together is when they're hungry and you're the only one with warm feeders. 😁

 

Hummers-TwinFeeders.jpg

Yes, I was going to say I've never seen a congregation like that. I'm lucky to have one or two at my feeder. Very nice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...