My Favorite Hummer

S.L.I.P.

10 minutes ago, Pragi said:

Looking at the posts above ,it´s  obvious that some

of us ,including me, need a computer tutor :

image.png.eaa12a45fe84c40043ade3ef6c3bf92b.png

Including her.  She's typing on a keyboard with nothing but a printer in front of her! 😆

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, emeraldsoul said:

Hey what did you have wrapped around those feeders, and why?

It was below freezing so wrapping bubble-wrap around them helps insulate them.  I also had these pouches I could Velcro to the bottoms that held hand-warmers.

I miss those little guys!  So much attitude in a little, flying hypodermic needle package. 🙂

They were so fearless that they would come right up while I was out there and even land on my finger.  I was right on the migration path and, based on a calculation of how much syrup they were going through daily, the math said I had between 910 and 1,100 birds in my local area!  They're not social birds, so the only time you'll ever see this many together is when they're hungry and you're the only one with warm feeders. 😁

Hummers-TwinFeeders.jpg

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, craigb said:

It was below freezing so wrapping bubble-wrap around them helps insulate them.  I also had these pouches I could Velcro to the bottoms that held hand-warmers.

I miss those little guys!  So much attitude in a little, flying hypodermic needle package. 🙂

They were so fearless that they would come right up while I was out there and even land on my finger.  I was right on the migration path and, based on a calculation of how much syrup they were going through daily, the math said I had between 910 and 1,100 birds in my local area!  They're not social birds, so the only time you'll ever see this many together is when they're hungry and you're the only one with warm feeders. 😁

Hummers-TwinFeeders.jpg

Yes, I was going to say I've never seen a congregation like that. I'm lucky to have one or two at my feeder. Very nice!