The recent? Pettinhouse "letter to pirates" - awesome!

PhonoBrainer

The deal this relates to is the "bundle" of all Pettinhouse kontakts. $119 for everything. 

Anyway, in downloading "ClassicGuitar2" I found a "letter to pirates" text file, it's pretty awesome. Has anyone seen it? I'll very likely post it but I'm not sure I should.

Check your recent Pettinhouse extractions, it might be there. It says it was written in 2019.

Any thots? 

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

Here's the problem . . . the content of his letter is basically "hey software pirates, you are taking bread out of the mouths of my children" . .. I'm new to the Pettinhouse libraries, but they sound great, some are at Orange Tree level. And he's a one-man band by all accounts.

The trouble is, he really goes after those pirates quite strongly, lots of language, and I'm not sure it's flattering to his company. It's very well written and I agree with his sentiments  . . .but it's more of an angry rant and I don't want to create any pr problem for his company.

The last thing I want to do is give him less business. He seems like a straight-up kind of dude. So posting it might be a risk.

If you have Kontakt, I'd recommend plunking down $119 for a crapton of great instruments (no brainer) and then you can read his rant if you want.

I only posted to see if anyone else had noticed it. Sorry to hide everything behind a curtain. I probably should not have posted at all . . .

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 3