Cakewalk Public Roadmap

murat k.

The roadmap can be shared and updated in a subsection like Early Access in the Cakewalk by Bandlab Section in the forum. It can be open or closed to any discussion.

After then we will become able to make our discussions with a clear sight.

Edited by murat k.

2 hours ago, murat k. said:

Or if there is a reasonable explanation for the roadmap is not publicly shared that also can be explained in here by Cakewalk Staff.

One way I would like to see what's next but at the same time I want Cakewalk Baker's to be able to work in peace.  Plus when they did give some updates on upcoming additions the competition was also got what they were working on.   I'm just happy that this fine DAW is still being updated.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, murat k. said:

If Cakewalk had a Public Roadmap we'd see what's come next

And so would the developers of every other DAW.

Even though the license for Cakewalk is free, the DAW is competing with all the others. Revealing plans to the competition is uncommon in the technology field.

Every new release of Cakewalk comes with lovely surprises. I'm sure the next one will be the same.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Colin Nicholls said:

Does any other DAW vendor do this?

It doesn't have to be DAW-specific, there are softwares that already have a Public Roadmap and it doesn't make any trouble.

6 hours ago, Colin Nicholls said:

It's crazy. Have you ever worked in productized software?

The crazy thing it that you as a user against the idea that will be good for us, and please do not talk on behalf of the Cakewalk Staff if there is a reasonable explanation they can share it here as I stated earlier.

4 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Even though the license for Cakewalk is free, the DAW is competing with all the others. Revealing plans to the competition is uncommon in the technology field.

It has nothing to do with the competition. Even if it's related with it, sorry but Cakewalk is way behind it both feature and user count based. Roadmap will allow us to see when it will come at their level at least about the features.

4 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Every new release of Cakewalk comes with lovely surprises. I'm sure the next one will be the same.

And if you're having fun with lovely surprizes, you just don't lovely look at the list.

Bandlab is a commercial company, and despite Cakewalk being free, it's not open source, nor is it just being treated as a giveaway product. Bandlab have a strategic plan for their products and it's not in their interests to telegraph these plans to competing companies, much like almost every other company in this space, much like everyone else has said so far.

While we may not like it, it's clearly the model they've used since 1987 and it's apparent this is how they're moving forward. Throwing insults and accusations against users won't change this, it'll just stop people interacting with your threads.

Edited by Lord Tim
  • Like 7

17 minutes ago, Lord Tim said:

Bandlab have a strategic plan for their products and it's not in their interests to telegraph these plans to competing companies, much like almost every other company in this space, much like everyone else has said so far.

Nope. The sharing of the roadmap will increase the BandLab's reliability. People will see the product is how going forward.

21 minutes ago, Lord Tim said:

While we may not like it, it's clearly the model they've used since 1987 and it's apparent this is how they're moving forward.

I guess we all like it. Just we want it to be better and don't lag behind of the others.

22 minutes ago, Lord Tim said:

Throwing insults and accusations against users won't change this, it'll just stop people interacting with your threads.

I never accused or insulted anyone even if I get one from other people. In the past the threads I talked are locked because of other peoples inappropriate behaviors.

4 hours ago, murat k. said:

there are softwares that already have a Public Roadmap and it doesn't make any trouble

I didn't know that. Please tell me some software products that have "public roadmaps" because I am really interested to see what one looks like. I've never seen a "roadmap" for a commercial software product and am very curious to add to my knowledge.

4 hours ago, murat k. said:

Cakewalk is way behind it both feature and user count

These are even more things that I didn't know. Is Cakewalk behind every other DAW in features or just some of them?

And in the number of users, does Cakewalk have the fewest users of all DAW's? If not, which DAW's have more and which have less? You seem to have access to so much information that I don't, and I want to learn too.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, murat k. said:

This is not a place for personal arguments. Lets keep the talk in the concept. If anyone needs personal talk can send a PM anytime. This is the right thing to do for the forums peace.

I'm not interested in a personal argument, but I am interested if you have answers to Erik's questions.

• Like 2

If they gave a public roadmap it probably would make me more sad then happy.  I say this because the one feature I want worked on is the Staff View. not getting into the details anymore. I realized it is very low on the list and may never happen.  Cakewalk does almost everything I need and heck now it is free. 

Peace

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Colin Nicholls said:

I'm not interested in a personal argument, but I am interested if you have answers to Erik's questions.

Nope. I will not answer the question that I am accused of the things that I didn't say, it's inappropriate like the intentionally deleted post contains before.

If you are still interested in the answers, they're just simple information that is not open to any discussion and can easily be found by research on the internet.

Edited by murat k.

49 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

If they gave a public roadmap it probably would make me more sad then happy.  I say this because the one feature I want worked on is the Staff View. not getting into the details anymore. I realized it is very low on the list and may never happen.  Cakewalk does almost everything I need and heck now it is free. 

Peace

I understand you. You're worried that we will lose hope. I recommend you not to think like that. Yes I agree with you about the Staff View's development situation but did you see that post?

Glenn gave us an idea about implementing the Musescore to the Cakewalk.

Implementing a fully functional Music Notation software is easier than making it.

So maybe developers consider our thought and contact with them then make a collaboration.

I guess the problem here are people are afraiding about losing their hopes on the features they want.

And maybe the company is afraiding to lose their users when they share a not promising roadmap.

If there is nothing hopeful, it is logical that they should not share it. There is no other reasonable explanation.

But given what the company has done over the past few years, it looks promising.

And sharing the roadmap will be to their advantage.