If you have Time, could you take Time, to listen to my cover of Pink Floyd's "Time"!

cclarry

Larry,

I have played in several pretty successful Floyd tribute bands (PFX, Floyd FX and Pink Froyd in San Diego)

Nice work on the mix. You nailed their DSOM reverb.

My only wish is that the hi harmonies were brought up just a tiny bit more.

Bravo my friend!

Mark

This is the first song I've seen you post.  I'm sort of surprised.

Lucky for me it's a song I've hear before so I have something to compare against.  I'm impressed.  The mix and arrangement is good.  Your vocal is kinda' buried in the mix but I feel that is by design since the rest of the mix is spot on.

I'm glad this forum doesn't have an issue with cover as I like hearing old tunes made new again.  You represented the song well.  I hope to hear more.

Brilliant man! I just don't know what else to say. It would take serious ambition to take this kind of thing on. You have covered it better than I though it possible for one person.  I plan will forward this link to some friends who love Floyd (and have tried to play some of it).  They will be impressed.  - Dan

No stones to throw here! Maybe a few to "roll" just to keep the moss off (mybad, couldn't help myself).
The guitar seems a bit ahead of the beat in the intro, is the Floyd original that far ahead? Not a criticism, just an observation.
Fine vocal man, I love it!
Take care my brother, and keep them deals coming, but don't let that interfere with your studio time.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2019 at 3:32 PM, cclarry said:

BTW....this was all done in Sonar X3 originally and then 
the additions were done in CbB just recently....so it's been
a work in progress  for quite a while.  I finally got around to finishing it
(for now, because a Mix Engineer is NEVER done LOL)

Yeah... loved it!   You really did straddle the line between duplication and tribute quite nicely. 

And ironically, I was reading the lines above while listening to "ten years have got behind you"...   😉