Home studio in the living room

Øyvind Skald

I have finally gotten to post the long avaited post about my studio in the new apartment.

Who was looking for this again? There were someone  I guess… was it me?

Anyways. Here it is...

20190725_081346.jpg.047cc45a181df026398ae2e63e388183.jpg

I had to buy a new screen to fit into this Ikea thing. Because the feets on my old screen was not adjustable in hight. That was a little bummer. I am also not done with cable management yet.

• Like 2

Neat!!! Congrats. You might want an area rug for the floor under your chair, and on the walls, some tacky moving blankets or shag carpeting or better yet  some egg crate foam . . . unless you have a girlfriend. Then you just mix with headphones. :)

cheers,

-Tom

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

Neat!!! Congrats. You might want an area rug for the floor under your chair, and on the walls, some tacky moving blankets or shag carpeting or better yet  some egg crate foam . . . unless you have a girlfriend. Then you just mix with headphones. :)

cheers,

-Tom

I've often used a portable clothes hanger covered in a moving blanket as a movable sound isolation divider.

388585d1394544347-sound-proofing-w-movin

Kind of like these people are doing.

4b7c868b-f153-4ba5-8535-6110609d8a72_1.b

Just get a cheap one of these, a moving blanket and some clips!

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

Good people of the Cakewalk universe. 

I am planing on moving to a new location fot the studio. Because then I can have better space and can play louder. And when soon to be wify moves inn, she will make me record her all the time if I don't resettle elswere. 

I am making plans oly for now. 

3 hours ago, Joad said:

Let me be the 1st to say congratulations, is this the same girl who sang Sho Fly?

No. She's a friend. I haven't recorded anything with my baby yet because she's not here yet. 

Here she is and under is her 4 years old I will adopt. 

1710093351_AjhenBarrios375.jpg.bae06f91b0461f965148b55a2ec65046.jpg2031621233_PrincessDapdapSkald0001.jpg.6243549cf02a98696b327e4d8bea57bc.jpg

• Like 1

Where is Supang? The Philippines is my second home, and I've traveled all over those islands, but haven't heard of Supang.

Whether in the north or the south, November-April will let you sample every weather variation that country offers. Well, there are only two: wet and dry. Both hot. But in November you might get lucky and experience a typhoon.

13 hours ago, bitflipper said:

Where is Supang? The Philippines is my second home, and I've traveled all over those islands, but haven't heard of Supang.

Whether in the north or the south, November-April will let you sample every weather variation that country offers. Well, there are only two: wet and dry. Both hot. But in November you might get lucky and experience a typhoon.

Supang is a little village in Catanduanes. Don't feel bad about not knowing it.

There is thunder and rain every day I see in MSN weather now. 

But my baby works in Hong Kong as a domestic helper. So she has to fulfill the contract before we can can meet up in Manila. 

Daughter lives with grandparents in Supang. 

Supang
Caramoran, Catanduanes, Filippinene
https://maps.app.goo.gl/NTuUvafJinXt5Frz8

Edited by ØSkald