I'll be Drunk Today

whoisp

21 hours ago, FreeEarCandy said:

It probably could use a bit more boost in the low end. Its not terribly weak, but there is room for more. A matter of taste. Cool video. I wouldn't mind being a bubble in her bathtub.

I tested it through sub and its sort of on the limit in places, headphones is always tricky given every bodies system and now the modern headphones with pre amp bass boast 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whoisp said:

I tested it through sub and its sort of on the limit in places, headphones is always tricky given every bodies system and now the modern headphones with pre amp bass boast 

Perhaps some animation to boost the low parts if you want to jack it up a bit without exceeding the limits elsewhere.  Indeed, headphones are tricky, and with all the different systems out there I am puzzled how its possible to satisfy them all. I'm not that good at this game. If you feel it needs it then give it a shot. Personally, I don't think its terribly weak on my end.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FreeEarCandy said:

Perhaps some animation to boost the low parts if you want to jack it up a bit without exceeding the limits elsewhere.  Indeed, headphones are tricky, and with all the different systems out there I am puzzled how its possible to satisfy them all. I'm not that good at this game. If you feel it needs it then give it a shot. Personally, I don't think its terribly weak on my end.

I did a few vocals in my friends studio and used his headphones for tracking, he spent £500 on them and they were awful, my £70 Sony MDR 750 are miles better, all i could hear was low end and that was with him cutting. Sent me the stems and they were weak as hell haha People prefer different set ups for sure  

• Like 1

Defo IMO should have had a punchy bass drum and slowed down to a street beat  ... Mothers of invention would have done this back in the day with  ' If I were your father .. I'd have >?>>.)

Bit lazy coming from you ... but don't wanna offend and none intended  .. you got soo much talent  ...

SupaReels

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Supa Reels said:

Defo IMO should have had a punchy bass drum and slowed down to a street beat  ... Mothers of invention would have done this back in the day with  ' If I were your father .. I'd have >?>>.)

Bit lazy coming from you ... but don't wanna offend and none intended  .. you got soo much talent  ...

SupaReels

Iv'e been updating my templates on last three tracks which have had me distracted, so my mind been concentring on my templates and not the tracks. This was do as a tongue in cheek track for my friend that likes a glass of wine, i can't stand the stuff haha 

Iv'e not even got any ideas in the pipeline due to home life at moment, so i must sit down and write somethings. I was going to do piano, then Acoustic but today now thinking EDM lol 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, whoisp said:

Iv'e been updating my templates on last three tracks which have had me distracted, so my mind been concentring on my templates and not the tracks. This was do as a tongue in cheek track for my friend that likes a glass of wine, i can't stand the stuff haha 

Iv'e not even got any ideas in the pipeline due to home life at moment, so i must sit down and write somethings. I was going to do piano, then Acoustic but today now thinking EDM lol 

Glad you didn't take offense  ... when I listened i thought ..nop! .... the usual stuff is better than this  ... move to scotch, TMO, LOL  ,,,,, Oh and I have 2 pairs of MDR 750 and I agree .. their sometimes  better than the DT770 in some ways  ... snake oil .. the lot .... what works,works !

ATB

Steve

Edited by Supa Reels
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Supa Reels said:

Glad you didn't take offense  ... when I listened i thought ..nop! .... the usual stuff is better than this  ... move to scotch, TMO, LOL  ,,,,, Oh and I have 2 pairs of MDR 750 and I agree .. their sometimes  better than the DT770 in some ways  ... snake oil .. the lot .... what works,works !

ATB

Steve

Ive always preferred the Sony MDR 750, wasted some serious money on headphones and pretty much tried them all.  I can not fault them for price, comfort and sound. Your talking maybe £500 to get something close in my opinion. 

I never take offense at my work, i like critical feedback because i normally learn something.  i  know when its just a average track at best what i bang together but i will finished it knowing its weak but use the mix to try things. In a engineering sense i learned much from the track, i did some nice sound design and creating the vocal samples. This track does have clever patches and gate. Patches are good for sidechain and smashing parallel comp.  Some of the bass bites i pushed in parts with drums, sort of know what to do but also not what to do... However its a good track when i was riding mountain bike 

Good tracks just happen and sound great played on dustbin lids lol 

• Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, DeeringAmps said:

Can’t comment on the low end, I’m on the Bose cans today and they tend to hype the low end. Did enjoy!

The “subject” looks a bit like the actress in Weird Science; IIRC. 

All in all, 👍’s

t

haha i have a pair of  Bose Studio, i think they were £399 when first bought them maybe 5yrs ago, the low end is nutz, not good for mixing or tracking but great for playback, they are good for detecting rumble in low end. Iv'e bought a second battery for them as my original was not chartering but it was that charging cable, common problem 

• Like 1

Hi Whoisp , this really isnt my bag man ..but that  said i can appreciate all the hard work youve put into this , this is just so complex and dam clever , I had to go back and listen three times ... and as for the video well just super ..a great piece of work.... cheers paul

• Like 1

On 3/9/2023 at 10:38 AM, Paul Bush said:

Hi Whoisp , this really isnt my bag man ..but that  said i can appreciate all the hard work youve put into this , this is just so complex and dam clever , I had to go back and listen three times ... and as for the video well just super ..a great piece of work.... cheers paul

Yes i been updating my templates and learning some tricks i wanted to try out. I do love a good experiment

• Like 1

20 hours ago, treesha said:

Fun piece, interesting vocal tones. I agree I would like to be hit with more low end, otherwise just enjoyed it! Hope you get your music feeling back ! Life does sometimes get in the way....

Thanx T, iv'e got something in the pipeline now, mojo is back for this one

P