Please Make Copy Function Retain Item for Multiple Paste

david40

When I copy and paste an audio clip it gets deleted from the "clipboard". That is very inconvenient and annoying when you want to paste the same selection over and over again in different places. Please fix that.

Thank You

Edited by david40
spelling

I see this too quite often. While the developers will need to chime in, I think it works as intended. I lose the clip if I click on a different clip or track (or some combination of that.) I suspect they feel they've lost track of what I am doing. As long as I stay on the same track I don't lose the clip.

Not a technical explanation but I think the issue it somewhere around that.

Thread  Chronology:

Q &A sub forum :

On 2/21/2023 at 11:06 AM, david40 said:

If I have a couple of beats of a drum audio I want to Copy and Paste over and over I select the section of the audio and do a Copy. Then I Paste the selection to where I want it. But if I go you paste it again the Paste menu item is grayed out as though once you Paste an item it gets erased from the "clipboard" and I must copy the original selection again. This is very inconvenient, Is there a way to retain what I copy to the clipboard so I can paste the selection over and over without the need to copy it over and over??

Feedback forum (this one): 

On 2/21/2023 at 11:23 AM, david40 said:

When I copy and paste an audio clip it gets deleted from the "clipboard". That is very inconvenient and annoying when you want to paste the same selection over and over again in different places. Please fix that.

Q &A sub forum:

On 2/21/2023 at 11:48 AM, david40 said:

The universal way Copy/Cut/Paste works in every Windows application I have ever used is that whatever gets Cut or Copied, is retained on the Clipboard until until you Copy or Cut a new selection, or close the application.  Several applications I use, upon Shutdown, actually ask you if I want to save the selection on the clipboard to use in another application. I can't understand why Cakewalk does not follow this universal convention? Is there a work around for this?

Feedback sub forum (this one):

40 minutes ago, Lord Tim said:

There's a big discussion about it here: 

It turns out it's a lot more complicated than it first seems once you look into it.

Edited by User 905133
corrections
  • Great Idea 1