Sweetwater IMSTA FESTA ATL Software Deals

cclarry

12 minutes ago, Zo said:

Don't know how i end up taking a virtual tour of Sweetwater , but i swear it makes you wanna work there lol !!

It's incredible Zo!  I lived 10 minutes from it!  And was there
all the time!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, cclarry said:

It's incredible Zo!  I lived 10 minutes from it!  And was there
all the time!

I would have spent my holidayz in the store lol

this lead to the other question now , how the f .... you weren't a sales man in ? if they knew you a little like we do ... they will not let you go !

Edited by Zo
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Zo said:

I would have spent my holidayz in the store lol

this lead to the other question now , how the f .... you weren't a sales man in ? if they knew you a little like we do ... they will not let you go !

Little story....

I applied to work there.  Got a call a few days later stating that
they were going to go with "more qualified" candidates.  So I told
them "yes, I've dealt with your "more qualified" candidates,
and I can see how 30 years in the business would make me "less qualified""!
They changed their tune and immediately wanted to hire me...
I told them to stick their job where the sun don't shine.

That's a true story.  If you're going to "not hire" me because I happen to
be in my  late 40's at the time, then I don't want your job.  If you base qualifications
on someone's age, and on  their paper, rather than on "real world experience", then I don't want your job.
Human Resources are usually run by young guys with a degree who REALLY don't
know "thin sh*t from Applebutter", as my Mom used to say...

I could have made that place a FORTUNE, and they blew it IMO.  Too bad for 
them.  I even know the owner, Chuck, to this day...and could most certainly 
work there if I pressed the issue...but, no thanks...I'll pass...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

Little story....

be in my  late 40's at the time, then I don't want your job.  If you base qualifications
on someone's age, and on  their paper, rather than on "real world experience", then I don't want your job.

I respect that , when i read your first paragraph i was like "Lars , don't let Ego enter this !!!" but then when you pointed out the age discremination and then the fact that such policy/people don't deserve your help , you got my already owned 100 % respect ....

One day i was talking with some friend , engineer (computing) , top guyz , one was saying , he applied to some job offers with his arabic name , no answer or just big stops , then  same resume , french name , he got interviews ....i told him "i don't even know what makes you still wanna give you skills , energy and time to people that don't desrerve it !!! 

I m 100 % me politically , religiously , artistically ect ...this way it sorts people real fast , you're pretty sure those that are  still there are the right ones , period !!

Don't know if you're a God believer Larry , but if so , you know he got away from something certainly not benefic for you 

Edited by Zo
  • Like 2

I think it would be a tough job.  You have to be knowledgeable on every new product that comes in.   I wonder how many of them have a certain bias towards products.  If you ever read some of the sales engineer's backgrounds they do know their stuff.   Sometimes these jobs aren't as glamorous as we think.   They don't do discounts very much but they are top notch in service after the sale.

5 hours ago, cclarry said:

Little story....

It's an oxymoron and often run by morons.

• Like 1

I'm tempted to go $79 in debt for Acid Pro 9 but I'm losing my taste for anything from Magix.   They are another company with too many updates without fixing previous versions.  (like Cakewalk after Sonar 3).

I still have AP 7 and a 32 bit DAW environment is still pretty stable.   I can use those 32 bit plugins installed by default.  

15 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

They are another company with too many updates without fixing previous versions.  (like Cakewalk after Sonar 3).

I don't think that is a fair statement to be honest.
I have been with Cakewalk since day one... and its amazing on how the software has developed over the years..  and now its even free!

Edited by garybrun

I went ahead and got Acid Pro 9 at Sweetwater with this deal.  The price was right, even though it wasn't even an upgrade.  9.0 at least so far has been a lot better than 8.0 was.  The VST scanner actually made it through my VSTs the very first time.  I didn't have to kill processes/etc.  So big improvement there.  The UI seems a little nicer but I'd have to run 8.0 to be sure.  I also got a coupon code for Planet Producer, though no details on what it is supposed to be for.  It did let me buy one of the Sony/SF Acid packages for free though.  The loops it comes with downloaded very, very slowly and aren't that impressive, but they seem different than 8.0

I wish they hadn't done the Acid Pro Next thing (the price is way too high for the limited additional features), but for the price this is a much better version of Acid 64bit than 8.0 was.

There is a Cakewalk Early Access update.  They have been working pretty hard to get it solid.  I suspect it will ship in the next week.

• Like 1