"Remember" _Colab

Grem

This is a song I wrote long time ago. I had tried lots of different versions of it with me singing on all of them. Then the Gibson fiasco happened with Sonar and it becoming Cakewalk By Bandlab. So this new Bandlab Community thing was something I wanted to try. So I throw this song out there ( I posted it to the community) to see what it was all about. And what happened after that is the version I am posting.

It became something I never envisioned. Some forum members contributed to this song. I have to give them credit for turning this song into something else! 

The reason I posted this is because RicF posted his song from the BandLab community and I was impressed with the simplicity of the player. So I went to my Bandlab account and saw that they have made some changes there. It does look like a much better site. And to be honest, it was very easy and a pleasure to colab with these people through that site. I kinda want to do it again. Are we looking at the future of music creation?

I wrote the song. The structure and lyrics. Joshua did take my lyrics and changed some of them up to suit what he wanted to sing. 

The other parts were written by as follows:
Guitar: @Grem
Bass: @Lord Tim
Drums: Single-Minded
Organ: @dee
Horns: @Simeon Amburgey
Vocals: Joshua

Mixed and Mastered by: Chris with @LittleStudios

Any comments are welcomed. 

Edited by Grem
My mistakes!!
  • Like 4

WOW, Sounds excellent . . . great job everybody !

The end result  really has a great live feel to it, regardless of how it was conceived, sounds like a tower of power or chicago transit authority piece . . .  coolness factor way high for  my ears ! Like the vocals a lot too, is that Grem ?

9 hours ago, noynekker said:

Like the vocals a lot too, is that Grem ?

No, that's not me. It was a fellow from England named Joshua. And actually his melody and approach is different than what I had envisioned.  I think he did a great job. 

I tried to get it touch with him many times after this song but never could. I was hoping we could collaborate again. 

17 hours ago, Boomin36Beatz said:

Indeed Great tune.

Thank you very much.

17 hours ago, Boomin36Beatz said:

Your voice is fantastic.

It's not me, it's a young guy from England, Joshua. He did a great job I think. Gave the track lots of emotion.

On 2/24/2023 at 11:47 AM, Lynn Wilson said:

Great song and production!

Thank you Lynn!! 

3 hours ago, Paul Bush said:

Yeah liked this one lots of cool key changes , makes the listener really work for it , Bits of Joe Jackson, and the other fella Graham parker in there for me ....loved the horns great song  ..really well crafted song

Thanks very much Paul.