Sektor is $14.99 again on ADSR & Spexx for $15.80

cclarry

Initial Audio sent some email about a Sektor 1.3.2 update, I installed it yesterday.  Appears to be a giant crash fest for me, just trying a few random presets, crash.  The previous version seemed more stable.

I'm also confused by their website it says I've asked for 0 serial numbers of three, but somehow I'm running it?  There is no way to see my registration inside the plugin either.  I think it's a lost cause.

6 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Initial Audio sent some email about a Sektor 1.3.2 update, I installed it yesterday.  Appears to be a giant crash fest for me, just trying a few random presets, crash.  The previous version seemed more stable.

I'm also confused by their website it says I've asked for 0 serial numbers of three, but somehow I'm running it?  There is no way to see my registration inside the plugin either.  I think it's a lost cause.

I had to exclude  (black list) the Sektor VST2 in Cakewalk for that reason. The VST3 worked fine.

I upgraded to Sektor 1.3.2 today and the VST3 continues to work fine.

Give that a try!

• Like 1

What abacab said.^^^^

I have reported the VST2 issue to Cakewalk and they said that they are both working on it and also consider the ticket closed even though no fix has been offered (?) so who knows what will happen there. Hello Mr Lefthand, can I introduce you to Mr Righthand?

VST3 version works fine. I've not done the update though. Looking at the release notes I didn't see anything there that I was bothered about having.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Monomox said:

I think I'll stay away from this. One Russian Roulette plugin is enough for me, thanks. 

For the money it's actually very good. As long as you use the VST3 version it works fine.

FWIW Cakewalk informed me today that the VST2 issue is now fixed in the latest release. I haven't installed it yet it as it seems to be bringing new problems for some users and apparently another fix for that is imminent, but also because I got rid of the Sektor  VST2 .dll in my system so I would have to reinstall that to check, but in theory there is no longer any reason for anybody who wants Sektor to be put off by the VST2 thing.