Former Cakewalk VSTs and plugins

Pete Brigham

Question

My question goes out to the fine folks at bandlab.  are there plans to release a new version of Dimention Pro or Rapture?  I am also interested in the Cakewalk CA-2A compressor  I was evaluating a Demo when Gibson closed down the site.   I am more than willing to pay for the software and I would much rather get it here than from some third party

• Like 2

4 answers to this question

after waiting   i decided to get the needed compressors from waves.   I would have preferred to support Cakewalk but I  could not wait any longer.   I am still eager to see some of the old cakewalk vsts come out in the future. most notably  Rapture and Dimention Pro

I would still like to get a unlocked copy of the CA-2A as the waves plugins do not work on my win 7 machine. anyone who can point me in the right direction her would be appreciated 

The CA-2A maybe present but excluded in Cakewalk by BandLab.

Try navigating to Utilities > Cakewalk Plug-in Manager.  Select the "Show Excluded" button on the bottom left.

Look in the "VST Audio Effects (VST)" and "VST 3 Audio Effects (VST3)" sections.

Use the "Enable Plug-in" button to enable any excluded plug-in you desire.

Clipboard29

Here is a link to a YouTube video that provides step-by-step:  https://youtu.be/CNX2TzX4nAs

Edited by Jim Fogle

I have the Cakewalk CA-2A showing up as VST3 and working in CbB. It was not included with the Sonar Platinum installer, and was a separate product.

If you already have a license, it's available from your legacy Cakewalk account with either Cakewalk Command Center, or from the "My Products" page at the original Cakewalk site.

CA-2A isn't locked once installed, and in fact works in other DAWs that I have installed, including Studio One.

For those that never had licenses to the legacy Cakewalk plugins, other than those included with CbB, it's still a wait. BandLab has never committed to re-releasing them, and after a couple of years, there have still not been any related announcements. So it's likely to be a good while yet, if ever, to see them for sale again... :(

I had been evaluating the demo when Gibson closed the shop.  I don't have a license.    The demo does work in CbBL.  But still inserts silence because it is a demo.    I refuse to use cracked plugins so was waiting to see what band lab was going to offer.  It just became too hard to wait