Audient iD24

cclarry

23 minutes ago, Esteban Villanova said:

I just got their cheaper EVO 4 interface. Miles ahead of my 1st gen Scarlett in sound quality, noise level, ASIO driver performance, latency... Plus the guitar input with a JFET really brings amp sims to live. Didn't know what I was missing.

@Esteban Villanova Glad to see you have joined the AUDIENT EVO 4 gang :D .. As a fellow geetarist, i have the same thing, bought it a year or more ago, have not looked back since. Great piece of kit in all respects plus the portability tween my laptop / dtop is the job

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

@Esteban Villanova Glad to see you have joined the AUDIENT EVO 4 gang :D .. As a fellow geetarist, i have the same thing, bought it a year or more ago, have not looked back since. Great piece of kit in all respects plus the portability tween my laptop / dtop is the job

Glad to hear it's still going strong after a year.  The plastic is a bit unnerving and I'm a clumsy guy lol.

15 hours ago, Esteban Villanova said:

Glad to hear it's still going strong after a year.  The plastic is a bit unnerving and I'm a clumsy guy lol.

@Esteban Villanova I am proof of its resilience even though its plastic. In that time I have dropped it 4 or 5 times, we have laminate and wood floors. No cracks or damage, still works. The plastic is very tough actually. 

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Like 1

On 2/15/2023 at 11:31 AM, Esteban Villanova said:

the guitar input with a JFET really brings amp sims to live. Didn't know what I was missing.

I have a UA Apollo that allows me to put a guitar amp sim in the hi-z input, thereby getting a matching impedance that the guitar needs, amp sims have a much better response.

I haven't looked back either!!

Edited by Grem
  • Great Idea 1

On 2/16/2023 at 12:31 AM, Esteban Villanova said:

I just got their cheaper EVO 4 interface. Miles ahead of my 1st gen Scarlett in sound quality, noise level, ASIO driver performance, latency... Plus the guitar input with a JFET really brings amp sims to live. Didn't know what I was missing.

Have had nothing but problems with the EVO 16. Bought it for a secondary studio in another country I work in. (Having an RME UFX in main studio back home).  Some of the worst / buggiest software I've ever experienced in a hardware unit. Firmware upgrades have made it worse and worse over the last year as well. This thing has bugged out on volume settings multiple times and blasted 100% volume through the speakers - and then freezes requiring pulling the plug to reset. Out of all the bugs I've experienced this is one that should NEVER happen. Ever. In any audio hardware unit. Period. 

It's what I get for buying a rushed product with poor quality control. Seeing that they're dropping their prices further only guarantees Q&A will get much worse.

Edited by Carl Ewing
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

That sucks man... there seem to be some problems with the 16 which don't occur at 4 or 8. The drivers do occasionally freeze the screen, but I do have a bunch of stuff open at all times... Disconnecting it helps.

At the beginning I was having lots of problems that got solved once I set Windows at the same sample rate as the interface (right-click on speaker icon, select "Sounds", go to the properties panel of the input and output of your interface and change set the sample rate and bit depth to the same values as the EVO control panel).

3 hours ago, Esteban Villanova said:

set Windows at the same sample rate as the interface

Yes that is a solution. However, if the drivers are made correctly (IOW to strictly follow Windows specifications) the driver should be able to change sample rates depending on the program having focus.

Apparently this is harder to do that it's suppose to be because I have heard of audio interfaces having trouble switching sample rates while in use. Some people working with video, sound and YouTube stuff report programs freezing, not switching correctly between programs. 

On 2/18/2023 at 1:33 AM, Esteban Villanova said:

That sucks man... there seem to be some problems with the 16 which don't occur at 4 or 8. The drivers do occasionally freeze the screen, but I do have a bunch of stuff open at all times... Disconnecting it helps.

At the beginning I was having lots of problems that got solved once I set Windows at the same sample rate as the interface (right-click on speaker icon, select "Sounds", go to the properties panel of the input and output of your interface and change set the sample rate and bit depth to the same values as the EVO control panel).

On 2/18/2023 at 4:53 AM, Grem said:

Yes that is a solution. However, if the drivers are made correctly (IOW to strictly follow Windows specifications) the driver should be able to change sample rates depending on the program having focus.

Apparently this is harder to do that it's suppose to be because I have heard of audio interfaces having trouble switching sample rates while in use. Some people working with video, sound and YouTube stuff report programs freezing, not switching correctly between programs. 

This worries me about Audient interfaces, there seems to be quite a few weird things going on with them being reported in various places. I was thinking about getting the id4 mkii, but i am not sure now after looking around.

9 hours ago, Tezza said:

This worries me about Audient interfaces, there seems to be quite a few weird things going on with them being reported in various places. I was thinking about getting the id4 mkii, but i am not sure now after looking around.

2 years ago I was looking for my first USB audio interface (instead of the motherboard-based on) for DAW use (no live recordings). My biggest concern was driver stability (under Windows), and boy it was quite depressing to read all the reviews & testimonies for almost every company/product out there. A few products stand out, but their prices were beyond my amateur budget.

Finally I chose Presonus Studio 24c, and I don't regret it for a bit. I can say that the driver is rock solid & *never* gave me any problem. The computer can go to sleep/hibernate, & the audio interface is always ready to use whenever the computer wakes up. I can alternate between it & the built-in interface with no problem. Not to mention that I can hook my old-school digital piano through its MIDI interface.

It also comes with a bunch of software including Studio One Artist. Maybe you can consider their products.

(Just words from a satisfied consumer).

Edited by swijaya
  • Like 2