I'm now upgrading to using a newer computer, faster etc. I'm going  to reinstall older Sonar programs (to get ALL the previous addons, plug-ins, 3rd party programs, which is what I want) but do I HAVE to install them in sequenced order of their number (X1, X2, X3 then Platinum and finally CWB)? Or can I install them in any order? I ask bc I already installed Platinum and CWB following the recommendation for previous Sonar owners  but am still missing some content from previous Sonar versions. I want them all. Do I now have to start over and uninstall the Platinum and CWB and start again with installing IN ORDER the Sonar X1, on up etc? I hope not because then I think  it will likely require me to erase some registry entries.  I don't want to mess up my registry or my Cakewalk functionality.  Just hoping someone here has done the same thing and has experience to know how I should proceed to avoid hassles.
OR... how to get the old Command Center to do them all for me..? So far it will default to Platinum and I can't get it to do the same for the other Sonar products I own. 
Thanks.

Edited by isingit@netscape.net

There's been lots of threads on this topic so Google it and you'll have lots of info.  I found this one which includes a spreadsheet of what was included. I pretty sure there's also a thread and it tells you which versions you can skip because there was same stuff. Myself I only install 8.5, X3 and then grab everything else from the Command center. And I've often installed the older programs a year or so after I re built with CbB without issues. They say it's more about older versions overwriting your preferences or something non critical like that. 

Thank you both for answering. I did Google (Brave) search but almost all were non germane to my specific needs which is why I asked here, where people reside with these specific experiences. I'll check those links out, appreciate it. I've been working off of a spreadsheet I found that listed all those 3rd party addons from the previous CW versions. I've been installing versions out of sequence though.  I probably have to uninstall the CbB as I installed it just after fist installing CW Platinum... but..  only after that, I found that I additionally needed X1 and X3's old goodies. I'm probably making a mess in my registry.  Installing  X3 it stopped me cold, asking for "disk 4" to proceed with installation.  I just want the Loops and One Shots from that version, pretty much have everything else in Platinum,  and if I don't have to install the whole X3 program to get them, that would be nice. 

No, you don't need to install the entire program just to grab the plugins. You can either do an advanced install for what you need or just download them from your Command Centre

The only exception to this is if you want V-Vocal which requires a minimum core install. The last version that shipped with VV was X2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As I said there's no need to uninstall CbB. I have at least 2 computers that I installed an X series a few years later without any issues that I noticed. But as @Bristol_Jonesey   has said just install what you need, use the advanced install and just check off the plug ins and nothing else. And everything worth owning was mostly in Command center. I have a back up of the original download folder as well as a notepad with all my serial numbers. It looks like I never actually installed Splat, only 8,5 and X3. I don't see Splat on my DAW anywhere and I don't think I'm missing anything. I might have installed it and then un installed it but I doubt I bother, they don't take up much space.  

The spreadsheet referred to is one I compiled many years ago. 
As previously stated, the only time the actual Sonar program needs to be installed is with V-Vocal.

Fir all other plugins, it is only necessary to select the Advanced installation option and choose the plugins you want.

If you own multiple Sonar versions, then install the latest one for any particular plug-in thereby getting the most up to date plug-in version. Your access to the latest version of any plug-in will depend solely on having the latest version of Sonar where that specific plug-in was included. If you only have Sonar 8.5 for example, you obviously won’t be able to access plugins that were updated in Sonar Platinum etc.

Having said all that in various ways, sometimes an updated plug-in version was released to accomodate an updated installer with no real improvement or functionality of the plug-in.