Love these guys - reference track?

Tezza

I love these guys, a bunch of Russians in their 60's (half of which can't even speak english) who decided not to retire and create a Chicago cover band instead, gone viral!

I am using their interpretation of this song as a reference track in a rock song that I want to put real sounding trumpets and brass in.

Edited by Tezza
  • Like 2

Yes, these guys have taken it to the extreme though, they are now a megaband touring the world with the core members being in their mid/late 60's. They have added other band members as well now. The difference is I guess, that their musical careers were relatively ordinary before they hit their 60's, then, the retirement age in Russia being 60, they were going to retire but decided to do one Chicago cover as a tribute and put it on the net, it exploded from there. So you could say that their careers really started in their 60's. Unlike other older bands many of whom are still rocking on into their 60's and 70's but they made their fame and were known when they were younger. The original Chicago members fully support them as well.

http://leonidandf.com/

They have proven that age is no excuse, not just to continue playing music but to also start your professional careers. What an inspiration!

Edited by Tezza

Gotta love those Russians! Like this guy who makes his own jet engines in the garage, you know, for fun. He made a model that could easily be a drone. Also made his own jet bike.

Edited by Starise

I must say, that jet looks FAR superior to what the real Russian fighter pilots have to use!  I had a friend who was a Swedish fighter pilot (he played on Sweden's National dart team at one time while I played for the US).  He told me some stories about the time he got a chance to check out what the Russians fly and he was shocked at how low the level of technology was; yet they did work!  It would be like a bondo'ed and duct-taped Yugo racing in the Daytona 500 - LOL!

• 2 weeks later...