Ripple Edit with frozen tracks

Sven

I use Ripple Edit a lot to copy/paste sections of my songs and create new arrangements.  I looked briefly at the Cakewalk Arranger option but thought my method using Ripple Edit worked better and quicker for my needs.

I often have frozen tracks of MIDI synth track parts and I believe I've seen Ripple Edit  faithfully copy/paste both the MIDI and the analog frozen parts to the new sections.  But occasionally I see the MIDI copied but not the frozen analog track.  It's no big deal to unfreeze/refreeze those tracks to get the results I want but I'm curious why it doesn't always work the way I would like it to.  Is there an option I'm not setting correctly?  

Thanks.

Frozen tracks really just set that track back to the state it was in when it was originally frozen, so any edits done on it later (be it manual edits, arranger stuff, etc.) will be lost when you unfreeze it.

Your best bet is to unfreeze everything before you do any kind of work on the track then refreeze again, or if you think you might be doing any of that kind of work, either copy the frozen clips to a new track so they're just treated like any other audio clips, or rather than doing a freeze, do a bounce to track and then archive the original tracks to take them offline.